Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba vs. Mountune Shift Adapters

Looking at dropping some of my Christmas bonus on a short shift adapter kit. Comparing the Mountune and Boomba offerings, can anyone provide feedback on the differences between the two aside from the price? Have both resolved the issue with 6th gear engagement?

I have the Boomba adapter and am very happy with it. The correction is supposedly 20%, so mid point between the FSWerks' 15-20 range. Probably a coin-toss between either.

Maybe the Boomba's added weight probably adds a bit in the area of feel, like in more solid/engaged feeling.

Price was my deciding factor between this and Mountune's.

I went FSWerks as well and love it, zero complaints. Shifting feels much more firm, and responsive

Don't forget FSWerks, they have one too. I have the FSWerks installed and it works great, no problems with 6th.

http://www.fswerks.com/collections/...erks-short-shift-kit-ford-fiesta-st-2014-2015
I went FSWerks as well and love it, zero complaints. Shifting feels much more firm, and responsive
+3 here. Quality piece. Everything needed for install. Great shift feel. Add in a weighted shift knob and it's even better!

jeff

2000 Post Club
I'm about 4 weeks into owning an ST and the short shift was one of my first mods. I went with the Boomba because (1) better price (2) I like the name "boomba". The part came quickly and install was a breeze. Don't try and use an allen wrench, instead use the correct bit in an extension and the install takes 10 minutes. I got all ready for 1+ hour install but it is super quick. To me the difference between 20% and 25% is negligible. As others said it is heavy which helps. Result is very nice.

The Boomba folk are pretty great too, I missed the "free beanie with purchase" deal by like 2 days and emailed them and they sent me a beanie anyway.

I think some of the early quick-shift adapters had an issue where 6th would not fully engage, but they adjusted their design to fix this issue a while ago.

I use the Mountune Quick-Shift and like it quite a bit, been on for about 13,000 miles and I haven't had any issues. All gears engage fine and the shortened throw is quite nice.

if you plan on getting the boomba short shift lever/bushings you might as well get the package. I have mountune quick shift + the boomba lever+ bushings and am very happy with it.

Siestarider

I installed the Mountune in early 2014, only kit available at the time. The problem with 6th gear was you could get it, but barely, just did not quite engage fully, felt like it could pop out (and did a couple times). Randy at Mountune sent me the revised piece with no problems, so I ordered a bushing kit and installed all the new pieces at once.

Turned a very good OEM shift into excellent.

I eventually got OMP pedal kit, messed with pedal height and spacing until it is perfect for me. Clutch engages barely off the floor, brake/throttle set up for easy downshift blip, now a good OEM setup is great.

Izzy

I've had my Boomba Shifter Base Bushings, Transmission Cable Bracket Bushings and Transmission Adapter for over 10k miles with no problems whatsoever. I can utterly recommend the combination as I power shift at WOT all the time and I've yet to miss a shift.

I have the Boomba shifter, shifter base bushings, transmission cable bracket bushings, and transmission adapter and I'm very happy. If you're doing one you may as well do them all since it's marginally more work. One of the best everyday mods.

Don't forget FSWerks, they have one too. I have the FSWerks installed and it works great, no problems with 6th.

http://www.fswerks.com/collections/...erks-short-shift-kit-ford-fiesta-st-2014-2015
+3 here. Quality piece. Everything needed for install. Great shift feel. Add in a weighted shift knob and it's even better!
I also went FSWerks, one of the best mods I have made.
Thank you guys for this review, of all the adapters this was the one that caught my eye.