Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boomba's IM and TB Spacer Dyno Results Posted

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
FYI....

Boomba just posted Spacer results for FiST today on Facebook...

"We don't want to make you wait THAT long. Attached are the gains from the intake manifold and throttle body spacers on the Fiesta ST! Release will be very soon!"
- Boomba

https://www.facebook.com/BoombaRacin...type=1&theater

View attachment 6890

Lol, more power where you don't want it and less power where you do... No thanks!

JPGC

2000 Post Club
Lol, more power where you don't want it and less power where you do... No thanks!
I personally like the power there as I do a lot of driving in that rpm range. It will be good for blowing the tires off more than I do, lol. Your right though...if your for drag racing or track racing where high rpm is necessary, this won't help. A better flowing turbo may be on the menu for a that.

??? For street driving (which like, what, 99% of people who own Fiesta ST's primarily do), low/mid range is exactly where you want power/torque gains. I like this. I definitely want more torque down low.

??? For street driving (which like, what, 99% of people who own Fiesta ST's primarily do), low/mid range is exactly where you want power/torque gains. I like this. I definitely want more torque down low.
You have to understand how a small displacement turbo car works and how that is represented on a dyno graph. You will never see that power in normal driving, or ever really while driving "fast". To represent those gains on a dyno the car must be under full load from low rpm, so the car is in 4th gear at 1500-2000rpm and the throttle is fully opened. The load the dyno adds would be similar to doing this on the road. You will never be going WOT on the road at 1500rpm, or even 2000rpm in 4th gear. If you did, you have no expectation of going quickly, because if you wanted acceleration you would downshift to take advantage of gearing. It takes time to build boost, so if you were to go WOT in 2nd gear on the road from 2500rpm you wouldn't get full power until 33-3500rpm because the revs are increasing so quickly and boost has to build. So in this situation you are only seeing a small benefit, but within a second or two you are in a region where the power losses show and the car loses acceleration. This prompts a short shift (because you can feel the larger power drop when torque is falling so drastically) and you end up in a higher gear where you lose the multiplication of torque that lower gearing provides. The "feel" might he there, but it doesn't translate into a large measurable improvement in normal driving.
I would prefer to see parts that leave the low end as is and only increase torque from 4000up as each lb ft is worth more hp the higher you rev and you don't waste it on wheel spin, cooling requirements etc...

me32

1000 Post Club
So are these gains with a tune for these or on a stock car with stock tune.

MOFiST

I'm speculating the seen gains would be to do with the manifold spacer. I can't see there being much effect from the throttle body one. The t-body one would be the quickest/easiest/cheapest place for squirting WMI.

Young L

track racing where high rpm is necessary, this won't help.

meh, not necessarily true. That would depend on what track you are at, small technical tracks or really any turn you would want more low/mid range to help accelerate out of the corners.

I'm speculating the seen gains would be to do with the manifold spacer. I can't see there being much effect from the throttle body one. The t-body one would be the quickest/easiest/cheapest place for squirting WMI.
that's no good for the water meth as its after the Air temp sensor and your ecu will not be able to take advantage off the water cooling. if doing straight methanol It would be not so bad.

MOFiST

that's no good for the water meth as its after the Air temp sensor and your ecu will not be able to take advantage off the water cooling. if doing straight methanol I would be not so bad.
Good point you might have to get creative. Our world cars can't be fine tuned cheaply and easily like the Cobb tuned cars can as you know. How's your setup going?

JPGC

2000 Post Club
meh, not necessarily true. That would depend on what track you are at, small technical tracks or really any turn you would want more low/mid range to help accelerate out of the corners.
That's why I put "where high rpm is necessary". ;-)... I didn't say all tracks and I didn't say all tracks require high rpm.

Coming along but as you say euro ecu is a lot harder to tune. Been looking to get sitech/ omega pistons installed ready for the fuel system and 400bhp. As far as water/methanol goes i have found its best to have it as close to intercooler exit as posible to allow vaporisation before the temp sensor

MOFiST

Coming along but as you say euro ecu is a lot harder to tune. Been looking to get sitech/ omega pistons installed ready for the fuel system and 400bhp. As far as water/methanol goes i have found its best to have it as close to intercooler exit as posible to allow vaporisation before the temp sensor
Maybe you should start a build thread or even a euro tuning thread. I'd really love to see it. Is your wmi setup playing nice with fuel trims and afr? Are you running torque on Android?

I have torque on android but use it for track recorder mostly. The AEM system is easy to set up got it starting at 5psi ramping to full at 20psi so that when boost drops down at high rpm the meth is still full flow. I am just on the smallest jet (250cc) as the next size up made no improvement so why waste methanol. next experiment is tuning it on the rollers for straight methanol so I can switch maps for daily or track

Actual boost is 1.6bar not what this was reading