Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Boost leak? Or something else

I have been running a stratified 93oct tune for the last 8 months or so and everything has been good. Over the weekend I installed a MBRP cat back and now the car feels slow and is not making the same amount of boost in 1st-4th. Before the exhuast I was making 25.5-26 psi consistently through every gear now its around 22-23psi in 1st and 2nd 23-24psi in 3rd and 4th then jumps back to the full 25.5-26 in 5th and feels normal. I emailed stratified they said the exhauast shouldn't affect the tune and sounds like a leak in the system but something is going on. Hoping someone can shed some light on the situation. Only mods on the car are the drop in filter and dv+

OP
G
Thread Starter #3
I currently have the symposer but the delete is on the way. I guess my biggest concern is that I'm seeing 25-26 pretty much everytime in 5th gear. I could be wot in 4th and only see 24 shift to 5th go back wot and see 25-26 immediately.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Do you have logs from before and after in similar ambient conditions. I am in agreement with @Se7eN that the change likely has everything to do with ambient conditions and you just started paying attention to peak boost after installing the exhaust where before you may not have been watching it as closely.

Se7eN

I currently have the symposer but the delete is on the way. I guess my biggest concern is that I'm seeing 25-26 pretty much everytime in 5th gear. I could be wot in 4th and only see 24 shift to 5th go back wot and see 25-26 immediately.
it's because of the extra load in 5th

OP
G
Thread Starter #6
I have some older logs but I don't know at what temp they are. I took some this morning so I will post when I get home to my computer. Should I try to get one of 5th gear?

OP
G
Thread Starter #7
id like to say I wasn't paying attention to the values but I watch this thing like a hawk im always paranoid something is going to happen

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
[mention]GonFstn [/mention]

You shouldn’t be going WOT in 5th unless you are staring out at 100mph. Asking for a failure from LSPI.

The logs should be monitoring charge temps or ambient temps if you have them configured correctly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
G
Thread Starter #9
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
So I was using the monitors for the vdyno
[mention]GonFstn [/mention]

You shouldn’t be going WOT in 5th unless you are staring out at 100mph. Asking for a failure from LSPI.

The logs should be monitoring charge temps or ambient temps if you have them configured correctly.

I'm monitoring the parameters for the vdyno when I datalog so engine rpm, actual afr, boost pressure and accel pedal position. Are these useless for datalogging? I just added charge temp so I will do another pull tomorrow with that.

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I was using the monitors for the vdyno

I'm monitoring the parameters for the vdyno when I datalog so engine rpm, actual afr, boost pressure and accel pedal position. Are these useless for datalogging? I just added charge temp so I will do another pull tomorrow with that.[/QUOTE]
I mean, you are missing a lot of key parameters. Those are like 10% of what you should be logging. Stratified sent you an email when you got your flash tune, take a look at it - it goes into detail on this subject.

OP
G
Thread Starter #11
Those are simply just what I monitor when doing a data log.. i monitor other things in day to day driving ign correction, oar, iat

I would assume it's normal and conditions like everybody else said. I would certainly get that symposer off the car as mine caused a massive leak and later popped off.

I would go for a drive late at night or anytime when it's cool and not humid out and see if you get the boost back