Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Borrow stock intake San Diego

I just moved back to San Diego from Washington a little unexpectedly and now I need to smog my car. I was failed for my COBB intake. I was wondering if I could borrow or purchase someone's stock intake for a day to pass my smog check. I live in East County San Diego.
Edit: For a 2015

Last edited:

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
What year car? I believe '16+ cars have two hoses for the evap system going into the intake tube.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mikey456

I just moved back to San Diego from Washington a little unexpectedly and now I need to smog my car. I was failed for my COBB intake. I was wondering if I could borrow or purchase someone's stock intake for a day to pass my smog check. I live in East County San Diego.
That’s a bummer. I thought Cobb had an E.O. number for their intake and that it was one of the only intakes that was CARB certified. In their “stage 1” kit it included that intake with an E.O. number. I could be mistaken but good luck with finding a stock intake.

Magnetic

That’s a bummer. I thought Cobb had an E.O. number for their intake and that it was one of the only intakes that was CARB certified. In their “stage 1” kit it included that intake with an E.O. number. I could be mistaken but good luck with finding a stock intake.
thats what I thought as well. Would be a great time to buy their new carbon fiber one.

OP
Clubfoot
Thread Starter #5
I sent their support team an email today. So hopefully I hear back by the weekend.

Magnetic

I left Cali 4.5 years ago and it was the best decision I ever made. I found freedom in Arizona and will not be going back.

oof i was just at SD over the weekend, and i do have mine laying around.

The Cobb Stage 1 kit just includes a replacement panel filter, not the whole intake kit. If you have the full intake, it shows "not legal for California" on their website. I'll be in the same boat as you when my car comes up for smog...

I will be in San Diego on the weekend of the 30th for a tattoo appointment near balboa park.
If you want you can meet me somewhere and I can lend you one for the time being. Pm me if ya want bud.

OP
Clubfoot
Thread Starter #11
Let us know how they resolve it with you. I saw the E.O. Number on the Cobb website.
I sent them a an email and Kealan who was helping me said the original full intake was California CARB legal. He asked me for pictures of my intake just to confirm I had the discontinued model. This is the email he sent me after I sent him the pictures.
"Thank you! Yep, that is our discounted model, and it had a CARB EO # of D-660-4. If you need a replacement sticker all I need is for you to confirm your shipping address, and phone number and I can send one out!"
My new sticker should be in the mail!

OP
Clubfoot
Thread Starter #12
I will be in San Diego on the weekend of the 30th for a tattoo appointment near balboa park.
If you want you can meet me somewhere and I can lend you one for the time being. Pm me if ya want bud.
Thank you but I should be ok hopefully. Once I get this EO sticker from COBB. I'll head straight to the smog place and rub it in their face.

OP
Clubfoot
Thread Starter #13
The Cobb Stage 1 kit just includes a replacement panel filter, not the whole intake kit. If you have the full intake, it shows "not legal for California" on their website. I'll be in the same boat as you when my car comes up for smog...
Sorry I messed that up then. I have the full intake from COBB. The new full intake is not California CARB legal. But it turns out the older original full intake was California CARB legal. I have COBB sending me a new EO sticker for the intake. So it should now pass the visual check.

Wait… whuh? I have the older style intake. If this is the case, I’ll call them and request an EO decal. Makes sense. Since it retains the lower portion of the stock air box, so it shouldn’t be an illegal product.

Thanks for the heads up. It would be great not to have to swap back to stock when my car comes up for its first smog check.

Mikey456

I sent them a an email and Kealan who was helping me said the original full intake was California CARB legal. He asked me for pictures of my intake just to confirm I had the discontinued model. This is the email he sent me after I sent him the pictures.
"Thank you! Yep, that is our discounted model, and it had a CARB EO # of D-660-4. If you need a replacement sticker all I need is for you to confirm your shipping address, and phone number and I can send one out!"
My new sticker should be in the mail!
That’s awesome[emoji106]. Too bad it is discontinued product. Less options for us. Too bad the tuners now seem to only care about legal options for mustangs ,etc.

OP
Clubfoot
Thread Starter #16
Wait… whuh? I have the older style intake. If this is the case, I’ll call them and request an EO decal. Makes sense. Since it retains the lower portion of the stock air box, so it shouldn’t be an illegal product.

Thanks for the heads up. It would be great not to have to swap back to stock when my car comes up for its first smog check.
Got my sticker from COBB in the mail finally, took three weeks. Finished my smog check yesterday and everything worked out fine.

Very good to know! Sent an email to request sticker. I won’t need to smog for quite a few months, so I’ll stay on it and follow upon I don’t. hear from them.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Sorry I messed that up then. I have the full intake from COBB. The new full intake is not California CARB legal. But it turns out the older original full intake was California CARB legal. I have COBB sending me a new EO sticker for the intake. So it should now pass the visual check.
Actually now both new full intakes Carbon Fiber and the less expensive regular crossover pipe one from Cobb are fully 50 state legal. The two new ones just got the certs last week. Its on their site.