Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bosch 30% Injectors

Just installed these last week and we’re already done with tuning after 4 revisions. Car pulls like a freight train on an S280, god damn. Just wanted to share lol. Also my injectors were dirty AF. I need a walnut blast!

Logs look great and there’s minimal fuel rail pressure drop so my stock HPFP is handling things just fine on 93. I imagine ethanol will change that, but the motor is getting sleeved and built this summer first, then HPFP and -all the boost-

car made 276whp/314wtq on stock fuel and now I have no idea what it’s making with the injectors but it feels REALLY good

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The injectors Don't live in a very clean and friendly environment. So it's pretty typical of them to be dirty. I'm starting to wonder how nice looking mine are. Maybe I'll join the 30% injector band wagon soon enough....most likely when my DHM setup goes in so I don't have to pay another $250 to make a major change to my tune.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's great news! Congrats! Now if the Jag injectors wind up working, we'll have an injector solution that doesn't kill the bank. Glad i've been too broke to buy the s280. Things just seem to be getting better and better for this platform as time goes on.

OP
P
Thread Starter #4
That's great news! Congrats! Now if the Jag injectors wind up working, we'll have an injector solution that doesn't kill the bank. Glad i've been too broke to buy the s280. Things just seem to be getting better and better for this platform as time goes on.
for sure. I think Whoosh is selling them pretty cheap right now tbh

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Are injectors a pretty easy driveway installation?

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Would love to see a dyno of stock vs bosch vs jag!

Watching this as I'm maxed out on the 2860
There are just 2 injectors - the OE and the Jag OE which we're also calling the Bosch +30%. We know this thanks to @Old Mike Emerson 's patience and stubbornness. RIP, Mike.

They're actually really easy to pull out by hand, just a wee bit of wiggling. Installing them is a bit more difficult. Go by feel, and make sure all 4 injectors are at a very similar height. You may have to wiggle the injectors down into their orifice. It's a tapered seat, so it will feel very tight with the injector seals installed properly.

You need to make sure you have the resizing tool for the seals, otherwise it won't work

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
They're actually really easy to pull out by hand, just a wee bit of wiggling. Installing them is a bit more difficult. Go by feel, and make sure all 4 injectors are at a very similar height. You may have to wiggle the injectors down into their orifice. It's a tapered seat, so it will feel very tight with the injector seals installed properly.

You need to make sure you have the resizing tool for the seals, otherwise it won't work

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
What is this resizing tool you're referring to? Link?

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Tapatalk

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I found and injector pulling tool half the price as the Kent tools version....$194 for some plastic and pot metal....GTFO....That is craziness.

That's the master kit. There's this: https://www.amazon.com/CTA-Tools-38...1e-8413-f658b75daf26&pd_rd_i=B08SJFZXLY&psc=1 (man, that's a long link...)

... and I think that you can buy the resizer by itself, which is what you really need.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
That's the master kit. There's this: https://www.amazon.com/CTA-Tools-38...1e-8413-f658b75daf26&pd_rd_i=B08SJFZXLY&psc=1 (man, that's a long link...)

... and I think that you can buy the resizer by itself, which is what you really need.
That's not too bad....But why would you need to change out the seals? I get the double seal by Pumaspeed. Are the white a better temp rating or thickness to seal better than the Blk. One or vice versa?

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
That's not too bad....But why would you need to change out the seals? I get the double seal by Pumaspeed. Are the white a better temp rating or thickness to seal better than the Blk. One or vice versa?

Someone in another thread says this one works. I have it as well as seals but haven't messed with it yet.

OEMTOOLS 37383 VW/Audi Fuel Injector Puller Kit, Puller Set, Injector Puller Tool, Puller Extractor, VW Tools, Injector Removal Tool, VW Injector Tool https://a.co/d/gQdfIpI

jeffreylyon

1000 Post Club
Premium Account

I've heard that the Ford black seals are tougher than the white seals but I'm not sure I'm going to bother to change the seals when I install my injectors even though I have a set of the black ones.

The Pumaspeed injectors have been machined to accept dual seals. I don't know if that's required or just something they did to differentiate and charge a bit more. I haven't heard of any FiSTs leaking at their injector seals.

I just installed the Jag injectors without any of that stuff. I just rented a 5lb slide hammer pulling tool from AutoZone. Mine were pretty stuck. I switched over the metal spacers from the old injectors and popped them in. Did some custom work to install the Jag HPFP. Buttoned up everything and crossed my fingers.

I just installed the Jag injectors without any of that stuff. I just rented a 5lb slide hammer pulling tool from AutoZone. Mine were pretty stuck. I switched over the metal spacers from the old injectors and popped them in. Did some custom work to install the Jag HPFP. Buttoned up everything and crossed my fingers.
What do you mean exactly by "custom work" for the Jag HPFP? Just in case someone in the future tries it out.