Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BOV going bad?

Hi all,
I recently picked up a 2019 fiesta st. It has some upgrades on it but I haven’t been able to get under it yet to check out what may or may not be on it (got it out of a dealer, who didn’t know much about it). I took it on a long trip this weekend and noticed the bov noise which is typically a loud whoosh (maybe aftermarket based on how loud) is now an anemic whistle noise (turkey esque squeaking?) I’m hoping to get to the car this weekend but wondering if this is a bad valve or maybe something that is out of adjustment? Thanks for any thoughts or recommendations for checking on this issue
-Jess

Spork1569

I would check out the valve to see if maybe there's an aftermarket valve or BOV adapter causing the issue.

You can access it pretty easily by taking off the right front wheel.

OP
K
Thread Starter #3
I would check out the valve to see if maybe there's an aftermarket valve or BOV adapter causing the issue.

You can access it pretty easily by taking off the right front wheel.
Thanks for the help Spork! I finally got her up today and the wheel off. The vacuum line that runs from the valve to the manifold block was never secured out of the way. Rubbed on the cv shaft until it disintegrated. I’m cutting the shot line, and there’s enough slack to reattach it. Thanks again!