Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

BOV.. What do you have and recommend?

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Hey dudes (and dudettes). Got a question for y'all. Real quick though, I'm super new and don't know much, but this is the place to be for that, right? Cool, figured so.

ANYWAYS: Turbo BOV, wastegate, etc. Who all has what in their hwhips? I'm trying to go for that straight "spshh" sound when I let off the throttle, if anyone can nudge me in that direction?

If you only want the sound and otherwise are completely stock, go for a Boomba BOV adapter or any other chinese knock off that you can find on ebay or aliexpress. It cost next to nothing and will achieve what you're looking for.

OP
CaptainCheesy

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #3
If you only want the sound and otherwise are completely stock, go for a Boomba BOV adapter or any other chinese knock off that you can find on ebay or aliexpress. It cost next to nothing and will achieve what you're looking for.
I'm currently running stock turbo, but I'd like to buy something that supports a big turbo down the line. You feel?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm currently running stock turbo, but I'd like to buy something that supports a big turbo down the line. You feel?
Just wait until you do need it then and get an adapter like alkoran has said. You will also then need a block off plate and from what I've gathered they dont always seal that great and leak.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

slopoke

If you are planning on going big turbo, you need a true blow off valve. You have to install it at the symposer location and use a blank off plate at the stock diverter valve location. A diverter valve style bov is useless with a true big turbo like a GTX2860R.

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Imo no real difference. But im not an expert. Maybe a change in response time.

wetwea33

The bov adapters sound awful and tend to stay open way longer and open earlier then needed. You can feel the difference in between shifts. The turbos smart ems suck and have a long track record of breaking. Mechanical bovs are the way to go. I just switched from a shorty compact 50/50 to the symposer delete vee port to quite down the 2j. The symposer delete is probably the best option as you get 2 things in one and it's extremely easy to adjust and do maintanance in. I have a cpe block off plate with mine with zero issues so far.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
The bov adapters sound awful and tend to stay open way longer and open earlier then needed. You can feel the difference in between shifts. The turbos smart ems suck and have a long track record of breaking. Mechanical bovs are the way to go. I just switched from a shorty compact 50/50 to the symposer delete vee port to quite down the 2j. The symposer delete is probably the best option as you get 2 things in one and it's extremely easy to adjust and do maintanance in. I have a cpe block off plate with mine with zero issues so far.

I installed mine in December of 2018 no issues whatsoever. I'm very happy with it. Maybe I got lucky don't know what to tell you.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

wetwea33

I installed mine in December of 2018 no issues whatsoever. I'm very happy with it. Maybe I got lucky don't know what to tell you.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk
Im sure its been fine. I just can suggest them because of how many people have had them break. My suggestion with any turbo is any mechanical bov in the symposer location for ease of maintenance and you delete the symposer in one.

OP
CaptainCheesy

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #14
Im sure its been fine. I just can suggest them because of how many people have had them break. My suggestion with any turbo is any mechanical bov in the symposer location for ease of maintenance and you delete the symposer in one.
So.. what am I hearing? Shortie Kompact? And does plumb-back vs dual port make any difference?

wetwea33

Is there any benefit to running the BOV off the intake?
Like the actual intake or are you talking about the symposer? You can't run a bov off the intake. The symposer is a nice place because you get easy adjustment and maintainance. It's also not as crazy loud like the stock location especially if you have a 2j.

OP
CaptainCheesy

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #18
Like the actual intake or are you talking about the symposer? You can't run a bov off the intake. The symposer is a nice place because you get easy adjustment and maintainance. It's also not as crazy loud like the stock location especially if you have a 2j.

That's what I meant, my bad. And I'd prefer it to be loud. I want to actually hear my BOV going off. How much difference will there be if I don't mount the BOV on the symposer hose?

wetwea33

That's what I meant, my bad. And I'd prefer it to be loud. I want to actually hear my BOV going off. How much difference will there be if I don't mount the BOV on the symposer hose?
The symposer bov is still pretty loud, it actually gets louder outside of the car it just isn't retardedly loud in the cabin with the 2j like a stock location one would be.

OP
CaptainCheesy

CaptainCheesy

U.S. Army Veteran
Thread Starter #20
The symposer bov is still pretty loud, it actually gets louder outside of the car it just isn't retardedly loud in the cabin with the 2j like a stock location one would be.

So I talked to some friends, and I just went ahead and got the whole symposer BOV kit from Whoosh Motorsports. Hopefully no disappointments :)