Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake fluid flush

So let's say I'm removing all the brake fluid to replace with better stuff, as in basically only air in the lines. I'm using a reverse brake bleeder to refill the whole system. Should I be worried about air in the ABS system after using this method?

Sent from my moto g(6) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So let's say I'm removing all the brake fluid to replace with better stuff, as in basically only air in the lines. I'm using a reverse brake bleeder to refill the whole system. Should I be worried about air in the ABS system after using this method?

If done according to the Directions....No. It shouldn't be an issue.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

OP
D
Thread Starter #3
And what do the directions stipulate?

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
Oh, I thought you were referring to the OEM manual. I have a Phoenix systems V5. Recently I read I need to have Forscan to properly do this, so I ordered the module. Apparently due to the inherent design of the ABS architecture, air gets trapped unless the system is being used, hence why Forscan is needed. The Cobb AP can't do that stuff.

OP
D
Thread Starter #6
I am also going to attempt reverse filling of the clutch slave. Imagining that it would be pointless to only the brake fluid, considering that our clutch and brake share fluids.

OP
D
Thread Starter #7
So after removing about 97% of the fluid, I used the reverse bleeder. Easy enough to use, but the only catch is that you waste a good bit of brake fluid. Using Forscan is a PITA at times, I used the free software for priming the ABS module so as to remove any air from within its channels.

Air is still in the damn brake lines!