Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brake Upgrade Suggestions.

Hey guys, I need to do a brake and rotor change and am not ready to do a big brake kit install. Looking for some suggestions. I know I want to do drilled and slotted rotors just for the fact that I’m mostly highway mileage and I drive like an asshole. I’ve looked at EBC upgrades and have seen different stages for their pads and was curious if it mattered on which stage I went for. Part of me wants orange just because of the fact that my car is orange (lol I know). Also found a site Hartbrakes.com that has some options for a basic rotor upgrade with pads. Any and all help is appreciated!!! Thanks!

OP
Spicy_FIST
Thread Starter #4
Centric blanks and ebc yellow or OEM 'S' pads. You don't need drilled/slotted.
Drilled and slotted is just a personal preference for me. I know the need isn’t there.
Thank you for the options!! Will definitely look into them. Feel like EBC yellow is the way to go for pads after reading some threads.

OP
Spicy_FIST
Thread Starter #5
I got PowerStop, cross drilled and vented for $400 for all 4 corners. I like them!
My man has powerstops on his Sonic RS. Looked into them for my ST, so that is an option on the table. Thanks for your input!

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Shop around* Prices vary greatly i will advise! A lot of places will price match also, so its worth a shot.

Ebc yellow is good if you don't mind a lot of dust and they are pretty tough on rotors. If you want long rotor life and low dust, just get black or green.

DO not get ebc orange. You cannot see the pads, the color doesn't matter. They are very high temp pads. They won't work right on street. Ebc yellow is aggressive as you want and still drive on the street. Orange is like .6mu they will eat rotors and won't get into their operating temp.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
EBC pads and rotors are cheap on carid. I’m running their slotted rotors and yellowstuff pads and love it. May try the redstuff next time to see how they feel as they’re less dusty.

EBC pads and rotors are cheap on carid. I’m running their slotted rotors and yellowstuff pads and love it. May try the redstuff next time to see how they feel as they’re less dusty.
Pure Ceramics suck for high friction and high performance. They transfer all the heat into the caliper and fluid. Your not going to see effects on the street probably, but pdx, autox, you're not going to see anybody running a ceramic.

I forget the model, but I'm sure a dealer would know the model ...the the more expensive stoptech street pad is really nice low dust metallic pad for street.

dhminer

2000 Post Club
Pure Ceramics suck for high friction and high performance. They transfer all the heat into the caliper and fluid. Your not going to see effects on the street probably, but pdx, autox, you're not going to see anybody running a ceramic.

I forget the model, but I'm sure a dealer would know the model ...the the more expensive stoptech street pad is really nice low dust metallic pad for street.
No doubt. EBC even states outright that they’re not for track use

Yea I just hate full ceramics. Plenty of good low dust metallics out there.
I just went full ceramic all around and so far kinda regretting it. Sure it's nice to not have disgusting wheels constantly (the dust also gets on the paint..) but man I miss the bite of the stock pads.

Currently looking for other options. Ugh.

I just went full ceramic all around and so far kinda regretting it. Sure it's nice to not have disgusting wheels constantly (the dust also gets on the paint..) but man I miss the bite of the stock pads.

Currently looking for other options. Ugh.
Yea ceramics just aren't any good if you care about anything beside low dust and 100k mile pad life. Just like a full turbo upgrade, I think a whole bbk is a required upgrade on these cars. The wilwood is great bang for the buck too. After 2 or 3 sets of quality rotors, you could have just bought the wilwood kit. It's cheap to maintain, easy to get parts. I pay $85 for replacement front wilwood rotor rings. I mean for a front pair. The weight loss on the hubs make the car drive noticeably better. Front suspension works better. The rigid caliper feel amazing. Pads are cheap. Racey pads are really cheap compared to similar pad for stock calipers.

I personally don't like the whoosh kit for similar money. Replacment parts arent available anywhere. They are much more expensive. Wilwood gives about 15 replacement rotor options for fiesta kit. Whoosh has like 2 I think. Some people don't like the lug mounting on the wilwood, but I'll take that with a fully bridged, internal crossover caliper over the whoosh open top calipers anyday. Not bridging the top makes the caliper less rigid. Kinda defeats a lot of the point of radial mounting when the caliper itself is a less rigid design.

Also we tcp makes a radial mounted wilwood based kit for the fiesta for similar money to the stock wilwood kit. If you really buy into radial mounting.