Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Brand new owner from PA

Hi! My name is Rowan, and I just bought (well, financed) a 2017 Fiesta ST. It's shadow black, with the black wheels and red calipers. I love it, the last manual car I drove (back in 2011) was a 2007 Chevy Cobalt that I HATED. The Fiesta is much faster and handles much better, and imo much cuter too!

I have just over 300 miles on the Fiesta, so I have a lot to learn, but so far it's been great. The only thing that isn't quite right about it is the parking brake- it doesn't always go down all the way, it stays up just enough to illuminate the brake light, and it dings at me. I just have to be careful to make sure it's all the way down before I start driving, is all. Other than that, I have no complaints! It's a perfect little car for me. I don't drive aggressively, much, but merging onto the highway is a lot easier than in my previous car, a 2009 Ford Taurus- even though the Taurus had more power, it was a lot heavier and geared for economy rather than speed. Which is a laugh, I averaged about 18 mpg in the Taurus, and so far even with having some fun, I've been averaging 27mpg in the Fiesta, mostly on back roads and in heavy traffic (my commute to work goes through some construction, there's always a jam there).

Anyway, hi again, I hope to have some interesting conversations here!

MKVIIST

5000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
Congrats and welcome aboard Rowan.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
WELCOME and CONGRATS on the FiST!

You missed a get together some of us had at Perkiomen Park in Oaks/Norristown (just off of 422) earlier today, but hopefully there will be others coming up this summer.

I'm in Trexlertown a lot during the summer on Friday nights for the bicycle track racing at the Valley Preferred Velodrome there (used to ride it in my youth).

Also, you are really close to one of the most popular vendors on here; Whoosh Motorsports, out of Fleetwood. [:)]

OP
R
Thread Starter #7
WELCOME and CONGRATS on the FiST!

You missed a get together some of us had at Perkiomen Park in Oaks/Norristown (just off of 422) earlier today, but hopefully there will be others coming up this summer.

I'm in Trexlertown a lot during the summer on Friday nights for the bicycle track racing at the Valley Preferred Velodrome there (used to ride it in my youth).

Also, you are really close to one of the most popular vendors on here; Whoosh Motorsports, out of Fleetwood. [:)]
Thanks for the warm welcome! I don't think I'll be modifying my Fiesta, at least not until after the warranty is expired (and I sprang for the extended warranty- I have bad luck with transmissions), but I'll definitely check out Whoosh to see what they've got. A meet would be interesting, I've never had the kind of car people go to meets for until now. I had no idea there was a community of FiST owners so close!

OP
R
Thread Starter #9
Welcome!

I work nearby in Trexlertown..
Oh cool! I'm, like, 20 minutes from there. I work in Temple, which is pretty much the opposite direction, and makes me go through all the construction by the Sheetz on 222.

Welcome, Rowan, from another newbie!

Isn't Kutztown where Mr. Regular from Regular Car Reviews is from?

OP
R
Thread Starter #12
Welcome, Rowan, from another newbie!

Isn't Kutztown where Mr. Regular from Regular Car Reviews is from?
Yup! I ran into him once, helped him find the rear upper shock mounts on his car (they were behind a piece of plastic). That was before RCR was big, but I was a fan anyway.