Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bridgestone Potenza RE-71R 215/45/17

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Are these old or new?

Could one squeeze a 215/45/17 on stock suspension?

I feel like if these have been around a while AND fit they would be mentioned. Figured Id bring it up here as I peruse the net finding solutions to problems I don't have..

Attachments

These are stock SVT focus size. I also have a SVT focus. I tried them on my fiesta, once. Yes they fit. Yes they rub. Over every bump. And under hard cornering, horrible. I hated hearing them rubbing, I never put them back on.
odd, im currently running that size and haven't rubbed once.

kivnul

1000 Post Club
U.S. Army Veteran
Confirming they rub (against plastic wheel liner at 1100 & 1300) at full compression of OEM suspension. I run stock height but with coilovers and they do not rub any longer.

As to age, Bridgestone does not make these tires anymore, I think all remaining stock is at least over 1 year old at this point. Still great tires though.

odd, im currently running that size and haven't rubbed once.
Maybe your car is younger, less mileage, suspension less worn out. And yes, i'm pretty sure it was only rubbing on the fender liner, but for me, it was everywhere, pretty much all the time, every little bump in the road.