Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Bridgestone Tire Replacement

My stock Bridgestone tire suffered a blowout in a pothole. I have discovered these tires aren't available. The tire has 7K miles and I loathe having to buy four new tires. Does anyone have a lead on where to get this tire? Ford is useless. Does anyone who suffered the same fate and decided to upgrade have one with low miles? (My first choice).

(Second option) If I have to buy new tires in the sport handling department, I think the choice is Michelins, yes?

(Third option) Do I go with 18s and new tires and call it a day?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Stock wheels? If so I'd get Falkien k615+ in a P215/40R17*

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
S
Thread Starter #3
Yes, stock wheels. Thanks for the recommendation. If I can't get a replacement tire, these will fit the bill. It's not my daily driver with 7K miles on the odometer. Tires look like new. Just need one (or two even).

Mikey456

The stock tires are 205/40R17. Stick with that tire size if you are replacing 1 tire. Second, check the wear on the 7k tire. If it’s worn pretty good replace with (ideally) 2 matching tires. If not worn than just replace 1. Than you can go to Tire Rack, pick your tire and find a local Tire Rack installer to do the job.

OP
S
Thread Starter #5
Thanks. The remaining tires are hardly worn. I don't drive the car hard and I just rotated them at 5K. Ideally, I'd like to find just one Bridgestone. I'm going to check the dealership on Monday.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
What year is the FiST? This could also put it in the realm of new tires due to age of tire NOT mileage.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Mikey456

Thanks. The remaining tires are hardly worn. I don't drive the car hard and I just rotated them at 5K. Ideally, I'd like to find just one Bridgestone. I'm going to check the dealership on Monday.
Quite a few forum members including myself have been looking for this particular tire with no luck. I’m not sure if it’s been discontinued. A Firestone Indy 500 tire might work for you. It should last longer than the stock tires too for a summer tire.

Last edited:

SteveS

1000 Post Club
You might try a Discount Tire store. Currently the website says at my nearest store the RE050A is available to order, arrives in 1-5 days, $264 each. Big O Tires website also lists it and says "call for price".

OP
S
Thread Starter #9
@TyphoonFiST: It is a 2019 per my sig. Age is [NOT] an issue.
@Mikey456: Yeah, I have a feeling I'm SOL. It was a shot in the dark hoping someone had one. (I noted a few were selling theirs due to upgrades)
@SteveS: Thanks, I've followed those leads and they all say 'nada' so far. I gave up better put.

Oh, well. Looks like new tires. I'm going to fall forward and bit the bullet. I do like Michelins.

Thanks, guys....

OP
S
Thread Starter #10
Found some. American Tire. Ordering two so I have a matching pair and will take the other 7K tire and use it as a spare. Now, to locate a black stock 17 inch wheel - not sure what they're called. The hunt continues... The wear on the remaining tires is a shade under 2/32. Not too bad.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Look in the for sale section here or go onto Facebook market place. You may be able to get a whole set used for cheap locally*