Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Broke bolt heads while installing RMM

Hello,

After installing my cpe RMM I over torqued two bolts and snapped the heads off, Now i need to get those bolts out and replaced, I purchased a bolt extraction kit but given that these bolts go into the engine block i am hesitant. any advice? What would dealership charge for this?

Attachments

Hello,

After installing my cpe RMM I over torqued two bolts and snapped the heads off, Now i need to get those bolts out and replaced, I purchased a bolt extraction kit but given that these bolts go into the engine block i am hesitant. any advice? What would dealership charge for this?
U should just be able to get those out without an extraction kit, under the downpipe bracket there are 13mm hex heads that you can use unless I'm missing something.

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
U should just be able to get those out without an extraction kit, under the downpipe bracket there are 13mm hex heads that you can use unless I'm missing something.

I actually think I see the nut behind the bracket in his picture...

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

OP
thedraque
Thread Starter #4

That worked thank you, got the bolts off no problem. REALLY glad I posted before i started drilling

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Now find the Torque specs. HE-Man. Go to ferd and order new bolts.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
According to the manual the bolts holding in the RMM itself should be torqued down to 50 Nm and the nuts holding the bracket only need to be torqued to 24 Nm.

According to the manual the bolts holding in the RMM itself should be torqued down to 50 Nm and the nuts holding the bracket only need to be torqued to 24 Nm.
I thought I saw 70Nm, for the bolts, in the manual.

DEss

I thought I saw 70Nm, for the bolts, in the manual.

DEss
You may be right, I think I only found instructions that show the torque for the rmm bolt on the subframe side.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
I mean... you don't really need the front part of those bolts unless you are dying to run the dp support bracket.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you deleted that bracket couldn't it cause your knock sensors to read falsely though? Pretty sure my exhaust contacting the vehicle when I first installed it was contributing to my knock.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
The exhaust shouldn't touch a thing even with that bracket off. I do not have mine on, and have never had false knock.

You should be fine while u wait for replacement bolts, might have a bit of rattle from the exhaust but it shouldn't be too big of an issue

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The instructions that come with the CP-E RMM clearly state to use 52 LB. FT. right in the text. [wink]
I don't know if that differs from the Ford manual or not. [dunno]
Now that you mention it my Vibratechnics RMM stated 67nm which translates to 50 Ft. Lbs.[rockon]

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
The instructions that come with the CP-E RMM clearly state to use 52 LB. FT. right in the text. [wink]
I don't know if that differs from the Ford manual or not. [dunno]
Since everyone is chiming in, I will too. All the rear motor mount bolts are 51.6294 Ft-Lbs. The downpipe bracket NUTS are 17.70 Ft-Lbs.

1586822789239.png

pixelzombie

Hello,

Are you a power lifter? It seems you'd have to use a lot of force to snap the head off such a bolt.

Last edited: