Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Buick has killed off their line of cars

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
It will when the economy crashes again and the auto bubble bursts. People are financing completely RIDICULOUS amounts of money on crossovers, SUVs, and trucks. Longer loans than ever before offered, awful interest rates, all because they could "afford" the monthly payment.

What sucks is that these companies will be screwed if / when it happens. No one will be able to afford these things and they won't have any small cars to sell. So they'll rush a small car and we will end up with the DSP6 fiasco all over again.

Glad I have a FiST

This is why one of my next vehicles most likely be Honda....Toyota....Hyundai or a Kia!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
I just saw the Durango 95/Probe 16 at the Petersen when I was down there this summer- it was so cool to see it in the flesh.

Clint Beastwood

2000 Post Club
I just saw the Durango 95/Probe 16 at the Petersen when I was down there this summer- it was so cool to see it in the flesh.
I dunno duders, it's a wierd world. Everyone wants SUV's and stuff. On the flip side, we've got (at least here) teslas are 2 out of every 5 cars around me, and all the chargers have long lines at them... nobody wants a small fun car other than the miata. I don't chalk buick up as much of a loss, I haven't cared about them since the grand national, but it IS another crack in the foundation of car culture. I have a feeling that car culture is dying a slow death, but a the same time, maybe it eventually should. I don't *want* electric cars, but it's hard to argue *against* cleaner vehicles. Not that we need to transition 100%, but if every car on the road was PZEV it'd be a huge step.

On the Durango 95 - I love old weird kit cars, like the Sterling GT
My brain knows its a vw, but my soul says "get one". My head says "you are 4" too tall"
1575495620898.png

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
We still have the Japanese, Koreans and Germans to get cars from.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
PunkST

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
But for how long though?. I have a feeling they might do the same eventually.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Nope never. I will bet my life on it I'm so sure. The Camry, Accord, Civic, and Corolla are going nowhere. BMW will never get rid of the 3 series. Mercedes not having a sedan no way.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
They actually offered one of the last real 'estates' (station wagons) from ANY manufacturer, although I've never seen one on the road, why they are killing it off along with all of their sedans/one coupe, I guess. [:(]

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
They actually offered one of the last real 'estates' (station wagons) from ANY manufacturer, although I've never seen one on the road, why they are killing it off along with all of their sedans/one coupe, I guess. [:(]
I really liked it too. The interior was garbage typical GM. The price was fairly reasonable especially after discounts it had standard all wheel drive.

gonna parrot the same thoughts on the TourX. Interior was garbage, solid discounts and surprisingly decent to look at.

Buick survived the bailout era cuts because of the chinese market, itll be interesting to see what happens next

This is why one of my next vehicles most likely be Honda....Toyota....Hyundai or a Kia! Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
Hyundai/Kia has really been coming on strong.

I'm surprised the "Mustang" SUV hasn't been mentioned yet.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Hyundai/Kia has really been coming on strong.

I'm surprised the "Mustang" SUV hasn't been mentioned yet.
That god awful product of a syphilitic abortion due to a pygmy grudge Absolutely pure trash. It just shows how far ford....notice not even a capital F on ford for me anymore due to their frontal lobe stroke in their ability to listen to their consumers....total dumpster fire going down the river.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

Last edited by a moderator:
That god awful product...
I think it's a neat vehicle, but Ford putting the Mustang badge on it is a giant-ass middle finger to 50+ years of Mustang enthusiasts. They could have said it was Mustang-inspired and called it a Falcon and I think everyone would have been happy.

Intuit

3000 Post Club
The fact that we still have "small" market, low volume items ranging from motorcycles to campers, I think means we'll always have at least one option for small, fun, maneuverable, vehicles that aren't *too* small to be useful. My hope is those that are left, will only get better... way better. Motorcycles for example have gotten really good. They're pricey, as much as cars in too many cases, but they're good. Last week I watched a guy take a corner in a cruiser at a speed that really surprised me. (I'm on a sport bike.)