Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Burning smell after hard driving.

Has anyone else noticed a burning smell outside the car sort of like burning plastic after driving hard? I’ve noticed it a few times after turning the car off. Most noticeable around the drivers side near the front. I recently installed a Cobb intake so I’m thinking that could be it just breaking in. Anyone else notice this?

PunkST

2000 Post Club
Hmmm. Do you have a catless downpipe and no heat sheild? If so your probably getting the crossover tube really damn hot.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Did you get a silicone Cobb intake hose with your setup? look to see if its hitting the valve cover and sordove melting.....

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
Has anyone else noticed a burning smell outside the car sort of like burning plastic after driving hard? I’ve noticed it a few times after turning the car off. Most noticeable around the drivers side near the front. I recently installed a Cobb intake so I’m thinking that could be it just breaking in. Anyone else notice this?
Not to insinuate anything, but - you wouldn't be riding your clutch, would you?

You know, fella, this kind of bullshit gets people banned. If it were funny, that'd be one thing - but, this is only funny to YOU.
My friend had a shopping bag attach itself to the exhaust pipe under the car. It smelled like plastic burning. MYOB

maestromaestro

1000 Post Club
My friend had a shopping bag attach itself to the exhaust pipe under the car. It smelled like plastic burning. MYOB
Right. Given the description in the OP as to where he picks up the smell, and your earlier "contribution" of the canned beans, this is clearly your doing your darnedest to suggest a cause. Nice try, son.

Spork1569

That would be my guess. My guess is due to the torque vectoring system.

I remember having a strong metallic strong smell coming from the car after driving. I had recently switched to ceramic pads and ultimately decided it was that and the smell has actually gone away and not come back. It did happen for the first few hundred miles of those brakes or when driving really hard.

Right. Given the description in the OP as to where he picks up the smell, and your earlier "contribution" of the canned beans, this is clearly your doing your darnedest to suggest a cause. Nice try, son.
The OP liked my baked beans joke. What are you going for here?