Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Buyer's remorse...

Both here and reddit tried to offer better alternatives based on price and service... but the rally (xenocentric?) fanboy in me really wanted a complete Mountune build so I could wear that yellow badge with pride.

Bought over $2000 worth of parts (B5/Cobb stage 2 kit, bov kit, Cat-Back/hangers & mudflaps). 2 days later, I get an email notifying me the exhaust is back ordered until LATE summer. I promptly (within three hours) ask them to cancel it and the $60 hangers. 3 days pass... no response, and I get shipment notification (sure enough, they shipped the hangers). 2 calls and an email later attempting to return, still unresponsive.

I'm in supply chain management, so I understand delays, stocking issues and even shipping errors, but I am thoroughly disappointed in their lack of communication.

Also, come to find out the "optimized" tune is now entirely OTS (when previously it included an e-tune). Obviously, my fault for not doing my research more than once every five years, but still disappointing.

All that... and I didn't even get the damn Mountune badge (which I specifically requested when ordering). 🤣

Thanks for listening to whine guys!

OP
FiSTY
Thread Starter #3
Did you buy direct from Mountune? Not buying everything from Whoosh was your first mistake. Keep the hangers but buy your exhaust elsewhere.
Yep, Mountune USA.

I did manage to cancel the exhaust... have the Whoosh Thermal R&D on order which comes with hangers. Even if it didn't, Ron sells them for nearly half the price. He will be my first call for future upgrades.

Already ordered the e-tune (stage 2 E30) from Dizzy. Read: quickly learning from my mistakes.

Yeah, unfortunately Mountune USA has not had the best CS in my experience, and I know of many others that have experienced the same

haste

1000 Post Club
Customer service is very poor nowadays.

I emailed CP-E about two weeks ago asking what kind of catalytic converter(200, 400 cell) they have in there catted downpipe and no response...

OP
FiSTY
Thread Starter #6
Customer service is very poor nowadays.

I emailed CP-E about two weeks ago asking what kind of catalytic converter(200, 400 cell) they have in there catted downpipe and no response...
As mentioned above, I can attest to prompt response from Ron at Whoosh... looks like he stocks c-pe down pipes, might be worth seeing if he can help.

OP
FiSTY
Thread Starter #7
Yeah, unfortunately Mountune USA has not had the best CS in my experience, and I know of many others that have experienced the same
Fingers crossed, they make it right (read: send me a shipping label, refund and send the badge). I get paid to get ugly with vendors... don't want to do that in my downtime too. 😔

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
I've always gotten prompt service from mountune. My only complaint is that the top of my shift knob started spinning, and they wouldn't replace it. I replaced it with the Ford knob. I don't like it as much, but the top doesn't spin, so it's better. Kinda went with a carbon fiber motif
. IMG_0226.jpg IMG_0228.jpg
The fake CF AP cover came with the MP215 tune I had previously. It completes the look: Classy. Understated. Elegant. Everything I'm not.

I ordered their exhaust months ago, knowing it was out of stock. I'm not in a hurry. It can wait until late summer.

Last edited:
OP
FiSTY
Thread Starter #9
I've always gotten prompt service from mountune. My only complaint is that the top of my shift knob started spinning, and They wouldn't replace it. I replaced it with the Ford knob. I don't like it as much, but the top doesn't spin, so it's better. Kinda went with a carbon fiber motif.
View attachment 39821 View attachment 39822
The fake CF AP cover came with the MP215 tune I had previously. It completes the look: Classy. Understated. Elegant. Everything I'm not.

I ordered their exhaust months ago, knowing it was out of stock. I'm not in a hurry. It can wait until late summer.
Glad to hear it's not all bad! Hopefully the quality of the parts will offset the bumpy start.

The prospect of losing an entire season enjoying the exhaust wasn't a compromise I was willing to make. Doubly so considering I liked the sound of Thermal slightly better (based on vids anyway).

The shifter and Cobb overlay do look nice together.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Glad to hear it's not all bad! Hopefully the quality of the parts will offset the bumpy start.

The prospect of losing an entire season enjoying the exhaust wasn't a compromise I was willing to make. Doubly so considering I liked the sound of Thermal slightly better (based on vids anyway).

The shifter and Cobb overlay do look nice together.
You will enjoy the Thermal 10x MORE that the Mountune setup* Good choice...don't look back. BUY MORE stuff from Whoosh*

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
The real question now is; how bad do you want a Mountune badge?
I have an original, made in Germany still in the sealed Ford package (NOT for sale).
Great all aluminum copies are available.
I have a copy as well and they really are hard to tell the difference.

Mountune is running a special on the rad for the FiST so I ordered last week along with a set of silicone hoses to boot. They also have a 20% off code right now so I got both items for $602 so I am really excited about it. Only problem is I received an email yesterday telling me the items are back ordered so God knows when they will ship! 3 times in the last 2 years I have ordered from them and every time the same thing so I am not surprised....they sell quality items though so it will be worth the wait....just can't stand their customer service.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^The rep on the phone told me yesterday that the radiators were IN STOCK at that time (about 4:00 PM eastern on Wednesday). [dunno]

I was actually calling them to find out their opinions/experiences with Shell V-Power use with their 'optimized' tunes.

jeff

2000 Post Club
You will enjoy the Thermal 10x MORE that the Mountune setup* Good choice...don't look back. BUY MORE stuff from Whoosh*
Whoah there hoss don't be hatin' on my Mountune CPE, it's a killer exhaust!!! But Thermal is a great alternate!!! And yes Mountune's customer service is hit or miss.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
If you are looking for discount Mountune parts try Levittown Ford Performance parts or other dealers. Many will wheel and deal on them. The radiators I think when they order and built and shipped. The maker does not stock them for Mountune. And I'm sure for custom made a minimum order is required. So when they are out they reorder, wait for them to be built and shipped. I guess from reports I was just lucky and hit them right after a shipment and it was shipped next day.

OP
FiSTY
Thread Starter #16
Whoah there hoss don't be hatin' on my Mountune CPE, it's a killer exhaust!!! But Thermal is a great alternate!!! And yes Mountune's customer service is hit or miss.
Between their spring sale and everyone blowing Biden bucks/tax returns... not to mention pandemic related supply chain issues I'm sure they've got their hands full. But I would appreciate a "hey we're busy, will look into this and be back to you soon".

That said, I do think I'll be happier with Thermal... and those black tips.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Initially, pretty bad. Mountune was "the glue" when I built this in my head 5yrs ago. Now... I'm not sure.

As a matter of principal, I'll be damned if I have to buy a knock-off (even if its a perfect replica) after spending so much on parts with them.

Read: if I don't feel like they value my business by the time this is all over, I sure as hell won't be advertising for them.
I was told by Mountune it only came with the MP215 and FoST kits a few years ago. Tried to order two more and couldn't. Probably why repo's are made. I doubt Mountune wants them on any car without the MP215 and FoST equivalent.

OP
FiSTY
Thread Starter #18
I was told by Mountune it only came with the MP215 and FoST kits a few years ago. Tried to order two more and couldn't. Probably why repo's are made. I doubt Mountune wants them on any car without the MP215 and FoST equivalent.
From a branding perspective, the Mountune performance badge appears to have been reserved for those packages. Packages that go beyond (i.e. MR230) get the Mountune racing badge.

Based on my discussions so far, they are willing to send me one, if and when they get stock (mfg currently in shut down).

Dpro

6000 Post Club
From a branding perspective, the Mountune performance badge appears to have been reserved for those packages. Packages that go beyond (i.e. MR230) get the Mountune racing badge.

Based on my discussions so far, they are willing to send me one, if and when they get stock (mfg currently in shut down).
I got one with my FB3 package. Never put it on.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
J Fiesta ST Ordering 24