Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Buying a low milage stage 3 fist (bad/good idea)?

Hello guys first post been reading up alot in these forums.
I found the ideal used fist for me but found out that its probobly a stage 3 upgraded car. Its at a cali dealer so im not able to drive it until its street legal, they are replacing the cattless downpipe., and all i can see from the pictures was that it also had a cobb intake.
The salesperson was telling me that the car was chipped also lol.

Should i just pass on it..feel like it may have issues its not in a ford dealership so how would i even kniw if the tune was changed to stock? Or o2 senser problems.
2017 The car has 20k looks like a st2 (recaros and gps)
Biggest worry is driving it with a aggresive tune with stock parts.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Hello guys first post been reading up alot in these forums.
I found the ideal used fist for me but found out that its probobly a stage 3 upgraded car. Its at a cali dealer so im not able to drive it until its street legal, they are replacing the cattless downpipe., and all i can see from the pictures was that it also had a cobb intake.
The salesperson was telling me that the car was chipped also lol.

Should i just pass on it..feel like it may have issues its not in a ford dealership so how would i even kniw if the tune was changed to stock? Or o2 senser problems.
2017 The car has 20k looks like a st2 (recaros and gps)
Biggest worry is driving it with a aggresive tune with stock parts.

I would steer clear of it. 2017 with 20k and stage mods means they drove it like they stole it. 20k is a lot of miles for a one year old car, even without mods.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
How much is it? What tune was on it? What were the complete list of mods if attainable.....All this info can be very helpful in determining if It was properly tuned or shittly tuned. A lot of factors come into play with this...but if your cards are played right might end up with a steal of a deal due to the fact it was modded as long as it was done tastefully. Or you can just wait and get a Brand new one unmolested instead for a little more....Oh by the way do yourself a favor and get a U-Haul and move out of Cali....then you can mod it all you want and not worry about the Cali PC POLICE and their janky BS regulations and laws based off school children doing investigative work on straw production that doesn't go into our oceans anyways due to most of it coming from Asia.[smackbum]

I would steer clear of it. 2017 with 20k and stage mods means they drove it like they stole it. 20k is a lot of miles for a one year old car, even without mods.
With that many miles over a year it likely means they had a long commute and most of the miles are highway miles. I would actually be more prone to buy a highway mile car.

OP
B
Thread Starter #6
How much is it? What tune was on it? What were the complete list of mods if attainable.....All this info can be very helpful in determining if It was properly tuned or shittly tuned. A lot of factors come into play with this...but if your cards are played right might end up with a steal of a deal due to the fact it was modded as long as it was done tastefully. Or you can just wait and get a Brand new one unmolested instead for a little more....Oh by the way do yourself a favor and get a U-Haul and move out of Cali....then you can mod it all you want and not worry about the Cali PC POLICE and their janky BS regulations and laws based off school children doing investigative work on straw production that doesn't go into our oceans anyways due to most of it coming from Asia.[smackbum]
Was a tradein at a dealer no information on the mod lists or previous owner, im assuming its a stage 3 since the have to remove a catless downpipe. It has a cobb intake. The salesman told me the car was "chipped" kinda shows you how much he would know. Cost is 16500

KnockOff

1000 Post Club
Kinda like me. Until recently I would drive right around 30k a year. All the miles were freeway. I live 2 miles off the freeway and literally parked on the freeway at work. My car was 3 years old in March and it has 97k on it. So even a stg 3 car just humming down the freeway is not hard on the vehicle.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

Dpro

6000 Post Club
With that many miles over a year it likely means they had a long commute and most of the miles are highway miles. I would actually be more prone to buy a highway mile car.
This is maybe fine too you but the fact that its a dealer traide amd there is no history? I would choose to errr on the side of caution. This is SoCal ground zero for car enthusiasts . If a car is going to be modded and driven hard it will happen here and does happen here. Lol

You guys can tetestfiy to how your out of state driving goes. Fact is one can put on 20k just deiving around the greater LA area having fun with out even doing long distance commuting . People drive here more and they drive aggressively.

My opinion and I stand by it is if the car is not CPO and it has that mileage on it? Do yourself a favor and find a brand new one.
If it came from a private party with the history and everything then it might be different. ....but this car is at a dealer and there is no info on how its been treated. Thats a big warning sign unless its dirt cheap.

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
I would not touch it without a good warranty on it. That's just me though I don't trust people.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

OP
B
Thread Starter #12
Yes i made up my mind to stay away... not in a hurry to buy one i will sit till i get one for a good price and hopefully from the owner not the dealer

dmb

if your not afraid of salvage I got mine for 8k with 7,000 miles like new. But you gotta know what your looking at. don't pay top $$$$ for a car without a factory warranty. good luck

OP
B
Thread Starter #14
if your not afraid of salvage I got mine for 8k with 7,000 miles like new. But you gotta know what your looking at. don't pay top $$$$ for a car without a factory warranty. good luck
I stay away from crashed or salvage. Thanks for the offer

DangerMouse

Does it come with an accessport? Mileage is average if the car was bought new in 2016 when the new model year came out. So it could be 2 years of driving on it.

Might be worth a closer look. Find out the mods. Get a pre purchase inspection done from a third party.

You could get a good deal and a head start on mods.

Besides buying used even if the car is stock doesn't mean it was always stock. Many return to stock when they trade in.

Edit: do you have a link of the car? Maybe the previous owner was on here. Doubtful they still are but worth a shot.

dmb

Sorry, my car is not for sale[biggrin]. that's fine if you don't take my advice, but it's best to have someone who knows these cars look at it before you buy. I'm sure one of the so cal guys would help you inspect it. I'd say more than half the evo sti cars for sale should be salvaged, meaning the insurance co payed the car off. but alot of these guys just have pl-pd so they just repair them. some are good alot are very bad but if they got all the chit people scoop them up and cry later,[center diff?] good luck great car to own see you in the canyons. Dennis