Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

CA Dedicated Track Car Registration

Fiestig

Curious as to the best way to register a dedicated track car in Cali. I assume you could just run it as Non-Op in case you ever wanted to get it back to the road, but I am just not positive. Any insights?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Does DMV even have such a classification?
If not, I think the non-op idea is best.

OP
Fiestig

Fiestig

Thread Starter #3
Maybe Off-Highway registration? But that is typically for small motorsports side/side, motorcycle, etc. Probably just going to go in to DMV and ask

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
I always kept my track cars street legal, just in case I needed to test drive them around home.
One thing I do know about Off-Highway registration, is that you will need to have a spark arrester installed.
I looked into that when thinking about registering the PIT bikes I have.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
I think you file an affidavit of non-use if it's a car you have previously titled and operated on the streets. That makes it so you aren't reported for not maintaining insurance, but if you ever re-license it, there are no penalties. If you are buying a car that someone has already made into a race car, you just do bill of sale and if they had a title, they can sign it over to you. But you don't get it titled in your name.