Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can you hear the recirculating valve stock?

I know the car is modified, it has a Cobb CAI and RMM. It already had these when I got it. Now I'm trying to figure out what else it has. I'm fairly new to working on cars so I'm kind of lost.

I've had a turbo car before (beetle) and never heard any kind of "whoosh" noise from it. On my Fiesta I can hear what I can only describe as the world's tiniest BOV. I've driven a Focus with a BOV, and that was loud and incredibly annoying, very audible every time you let off the gas at all. On my Fiesta I can just barely hear a very quiet version of that noise (usually need to turn off my music to hear it). It also only happens when I let off the gas quickly while the engine is under load. It happens most consistently if I lug the engine in 6th gear.

Any idea what this is? Is this normal stock? Is it a BOV or an upgraded recirculating valve? I've Googled images of Fiesta BOV but honestly I've had a hard time finding the spot the images show. Haven't seen anything that looks unusual.

I don't dislike it, I'm just trying to figure out where exactly the car is in terms of mods.

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Aftermarket intake system tend to allow for the recirculating valve to be heard when the factory intake would muffle it.

Any aftermarket BOV should be audibly different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
Funny me and my girl noticed the slightest little phsss after dropping in an afe dry panel. We never noticed it before that. You have to work to hear it but its there.

Its normal. I had a ramair intake, and it sounded like I had a blow off valve. You could hear the turbo spooling when accelerating and a loud whoosh when you let off the throttle. I didn't like it so I switched back to stock airbox with high flow filter. I can still hear the turbo noises but very subtle. this is a video with the intake when I had it on.

View: https://youtu.be/dXOs_v1ssdE

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes, the stock engine doesn't make much of that sound, but it's there. A CAI makes it much more audible.