Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Can't find a turbosmart wastegate install guide

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
While installing my crossover pipe I noticed my wastegate down there. I have a 7psi turbo smart wastegate waiting to go in. It's the last power mod I have before retuning. I can't for the life of me find a wastegate installation guide. Most of the videos I come across are about adjusting pre-load. For anyone that's done it, how long did it take you, and did you go at it from above or below? Any tips or tricks?

dhminer

2000 Post Club
While installing my crossover pipe I noticed my wastegate down there. I have a 7psi turbo smart wastegate waiting to go in. It's the last power mod I have before retuning. I can't for the life of me find a wastegate installation guide. Most of the videos I come across are about adjusting pre-load. For anyone that's done it, how long did it take you, and did you go at it from above or below? Any tips or tricks?
I’d think from above with the cowl off is easiest but I’m not sure as I haven’t done it. You just uncouple the actuator from the wastegate, unscrew the actuator, and reverse the procedure for the new one. Make sure to disconnect and reconnect the boost control solenoid. Pre-loading it correctly is the hardest part, aside from getting the god forsaken heat shields off if they’re still on there.

Easiest way is to remove the wipers, top cowl, crossover pipe, and heat shield. Remove the one vacuum tube from the factory wastegate. Take off the clip on the rod and remove all the screws on the wastegate. Save these screws and clip for the reinstall. Install new wastegate and follow the preload video instructions. Install everything else. Load your tune and your done.

OP
G

gtx3076

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Easiest way is to remove the wipers, top cowl, crossover pipe, and heat shield. Remove the one vacuum tube from the factory wastegate. Take off the clip on the rod and remove all the screws on the wastegate. Save these screws and clip for the reinstall. Install new wastegate and follow the preload video instructions. Install everything else. Load your tune and your done.
I'm wishing I had just done it when I had the crossover pipe off. It's the last power adder I plan on doing before I re-tune.