Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cant wait any longer! Turbosmart DualPort BOV fitment!!!!

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Well I have in my hands a Turbosmart BOV from a application not Fiesta. Since they don't list anything for the Fiesta yet I will be seeing if this fits or what I have to do to make it fit! I know plenty of people want to know so stay tuned!

If you want to know why im doing this vs other BOV options I want something that is made out of materials that can withstand the boost I run. Im worried about the stock on having issues.

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
I should have asked a week ago lol but I'm just going to pull mine should be quick

I am also curious to see how this goes. New parts and options is always a good thing for our cars. Do your thing man, I await the results.

Sekred

1000 Post Club
Turbosmart make good stuff, I've use their BOVs before and a E-boost. The E-boost was magic.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7

Ugh... Well I pulled all the measurements tonight time to do some machining. Good new this factory bov I don't see any failure points it's all orings around the piston that the electromagnet powers. I have more to look into and more to research.

Russ

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8

A little of this and a little of that

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #10
Boost and spool are identical except for 100-200rpm of spool but that could be weather difference. I love the sound though!

airjor13

2000 Post Club
Dude, I think I need to like open a line of credit for all the stuff you are about to make for our cars!

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #12
Dude, I think I need to like open a line of credit for all the stuff you are about to make for our cars!
I really not sure if I was planing on making these lol. Something people would be interested in? I need to call turbosmart and see when they plan on coming out with these. If someone wants to buy one I can mod it and supply the stuff to do the vacuum line.

Russ

Ok guys. I'm about to ask something really REALLY silly right now.

Please don't throw things at me. This is to quench my burning curiosity of parts compatibility amongst other things.

Will this fit the Boomba racing BOV adapter between this and the turbo? I have to know BECAUSE SCIENCE!

For example: (Turbo) + [Boomba BOV adapter] + {TurboSmart adapter}

I also ask because you said this was to replace the OEM one. So in theory, you could technically fit the new BOV to the BOV adapter if the center ring is the same size? (Which I assume it is the same as OEM)
Again, please don't throw things at me (I'm delicate), This is for my own amusement as a simple question.

OP
DHM1

DHM1

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #15
Ok guys. I'm about to ask something really REALLY silly right now.

Please don't throw things at me. This is to quench my burning curiosity of parts compatibility amongst other things.

Will this fit the Boomba racing BOV adapter between this and the turbo? I have to know BECAUSE SCIENCE!

For example: (Turbo) + [Boomba BOV adapter] + {TurboSmart adapter}

I also ask because you said this was to replace the OEM one. So in theory, you could technically fit the new BOV to the BOV adapter if the center ring is the same size? (Which I assume it is the same as OEM)
Again, please don't throw things at me (I'm delicate), This is for my own amusement as a simple question.
If that product is to the same specs at the oem turbo than yes. But one i dont not have a Boomba spacer to confirm nor would you want to do that. This is meant to VTA just like the Boomba adapter does with the oem valve.

Russ

Ford Community Posts