Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Canyon car coilovers spring rate

Guys, Im about to pull the trigger on a set of FA 500 coilovers.

I dont track the car. It is right now a daily driver and therapy car.

Im looking to go with a stock height coilover system to fit 205/45/17 , considering potenza sport, pilot sport 4, 0r pilot sport 4 all season tires and lowered to the limit of not rubbing, so unlikely more than 1/2" to 3/4"

I'm looking for something comfortable on the street. The 45 section tire with 88Y load rating will smooth the ride a little bit.

Anyone can comment on a 5k/3k vs 6k/4k?
Is there anyone complaining 5k/3k isnt enough spring rate enough or that 6k/4k is uncomfortable? Realistically, there shouldn't be too much difference, one previous post refer 5k/3k under 2hz and 6k/4k a tad above 2hz and from what I've gathered for a street car 2hz is where you want it.

I'm looking for confirmation that the ride isnt gonna make cringe everytime theres a pothole like it currently does with those springs the previous owner installed that looks awesome but ride horrible

Cheerios

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I run 5k 3k on my MeisterR’s in the Canyons and they work great. also my buddy D-Resonant runs the same setup and was able to get 2hz after corner balancing and bracing.

haste

1000 Post Club
I went with 7k / 4.3k on my stock height FA 500s and honestly, it's a little stiff but not "harsh". I'm running 12 clicks in the front and 8 on the rear. It feels slightly stiffer than the stock suspension, but man does it work well. I'm using the Hyperco springs so I can't speak for the Swift springs or the FA springs and how they would ride.

I'm running 215/40 dunlop direzzas with the car SLIGHTLY lowered(less than 1/2") and I rub on the fender liner during hard cornering. I'm going to add some more negative camber to the front soon and see if it helps with the rubbing.

ronmcdon

coming from meister gt1s, I initially started with default 5/3 rates and then moved to 8/6 (want to switch it up again and go 8/8). I found adjusting the dampening of my coilovers to make more of a difference with ride quality than spring rates. Also run Direzza Z3 but in 225/45/16.

Right now running 12 clicks from full stiff front, 15 from full stiff rear (32 way adjustment), which works well for the horridly paved racetrack Streets of Willow without a lot of skipping/pogo'ing in tighter corners. When I ran default 9 front from full stiff, 12 rear from full stiff plus 5/3 rates, that was decent ride quality until I hit bumps. hitting bumps on the freeway would be jarring and get my ass airborne for a split second.

but also keep in mind I live in Los Angeles, which is not terrible compared to many parts of the country. I also don't have issue at one point daily driving for 2-3 weeks and evo with ohlins and 10/10 rates so what i consider tolerable is not something everyone agrees.

If you want fun daily driving street and don't mind spending extra would say go with Azenis 660s. Pilot 4s are not bad but not the same level. Just got rid of them on another car and swapped it out for a 200tw tire and makes a notable difference even on the street.

OP
C
Thread Starter #5
I went with 7k / 4.3k on my stock height FA 500s and honestly, it's a little stiff but not "harsh". I'm running 12 clicks in the front and 8 on the rear. It feels slightly stiffer than the stock suspension, but man does it work well. I'm using the Hyperco springs so I can't speak for the Swift springs or the FA springs and how they would ride.

I'm running 215/40 dunlop direzzas with the car SLIGHTLY lowered(less than 1/2") and I rub on the fender liner during hard cornering. I'm going to add some more negative camber to the front soon and see if it helps with the rubbing.
Have you tried the coilovers setup to a softer setting?

Sent from my SM-A705W using Tapatalk