Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car alarm going off randomly as well as door light on dash always on

Hello

For starters my door light on my dash is always on, but none of the doors are actually open. I have gone around closing every door multiple times. The lights in the car do not come on, so the doors are actually closed but on the dash it has the door open emblem on.
My next issue is that my car alarm keeps going off. It seems to be going off between 5 and 7am (my neighbors love me right now), but it will also do it randomly.
Ford cannot look at my car for another 2 weeks, but these issues are driving me crazy and I was hoping to get some help. I took it to the shop and it wasn't giving any codes on the door.

Hope y'all are having a nice weekend.

probably the hood latch. interior lights will not come on, but dash light will. not sure about alarm though. I didn't even think our cars had an alarm!

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

OP
M
Thread Starter #5
probably the hood latch. interior lights will not come on, but dash light will. not sure about alarm though. I didn't even think our cars had an alarm!

You sir, deserve a medal. If you are ever in the Richmond area hit me up and I'll buy you a beer.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6

Well that fixed it for a few days, and now I am back to having the door light on which means the car alarm will be going off again..

I have this problem too... i have a 2014 and got the recall notice for door latches (i haven't taken it in, however). Have any of you guys had that done at the dealership? did it fix the problem? I'd rather avoid interaction with the dealership but I am being driven crazy by my alarm going off for no reason all the time

bump seeking an update, started getting this exact issue.
Update: it was my hood latch. the latch has a sensor that i closed the loop on with a paper clip. then before i had to get my state inspection done, i replaced it with a new door latch from Ford.

Last edited:

Fiestig

My Fist #2 was the Tailgate Latch Assembly. Door light was always on but never had the alarm go off since it was hardly ever set