Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car color help

Does anyone within 45 minutes of the STL area have a molten orange fiesta I could come check out in person anytime soon? Trying to decide what color to get and a buddy told me that molten orange looks different in person and I may not like it so was just wondering if anyone could let me look at theirs to find out for sure. Not looking for ones for sale just something to check the color. Thanks!

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Does anyone within 45 minutes of the STL area have a molten orange fiesta I could come check out in person anytime soon? Trying to decide what color to get and a buddy told me that molten orange looks different in person and I may not like it so was just wondering if anyone could let me look at theirs to find out for sure. Not looking for ones for sale just something to check the color. Thanks!
Molten Orange does look different in person. All the 'exotic' colors do. The Green Envy Pearl, Molten Orange Metallic, Orange Spice Metallic, etc. DEF see them in person when deciding.

OP
S
Thread Starter #4
The cool thing about Molten Orange is that it can look very red in certain light, and then appear more orange in different light conditions.
That’s what I liked about it which is weird because I normally hate bright colored cars but the molten orange caught my attention immediately and I loved the way it looks in videos and pictures. I’m just worried that when I find one to buy I’m going to go in person and not like it and have to turn around and find a new color. There’s also a color I saw on a fiesta around where I live that was like a dark metallic blue but depending on the light it almost turned black but I have no idea what color it was and I don’t think it was factory colored.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Sounds like Kona Blue.
Yes, that's the Kona Blue which is what I was originally going to order, but I did not like how 'metal flakey' it appeared in sunlight, so I switched to the Magnetic.

And yeah, I know that the Magnetic can seem even more 'metal flakey' yet vs. the Kona in bright sunlight, but I don't mind it as much on this color for some reason. [wink]

If the Performance Blue, or Ingot Silver were available when I ordered this car, I would be driving a FiST in one of those colors right now.

Yes, that's the Kona Blue which is what I was originally going to order, but I did not like how 'metal flakey' it appeared in sunlight, so I switched to the Magnetic.

And yeah, I know that the Magnetic can seem even more 'metal flakey' yet vs. the Kona in bright sunlight, but I don't mind it as much on this color for some reason. [wink]

If the Performance Blue, or Ingot Silver were available when I ordered this car, I would be driving a FiST in one of those colors right now.
That's funny, I picked a KB because the PB felt too bright, and magnetic seemed to have way more flake in the paint. I originally wanted a magnetic, since I like the evo9 graphite gray. The magnetic seemed much more "flashy" of a paint to me though.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
That's funny, I picked a KB because the PB felt too bright, and magnetic seemed to have way more flake in the paint. I originally wanted a magnetic, since I like the evo9 graphite gray. The magnetic seemed much more "flashy" of a paint to me though.

Sent from my Pixel 4a using Tapatalk
It's just that the blue colors have enough 'tone' and 'flash' to them already, and don't really need any more IMHO, whereas the gray colors are kind of drab, and could actually use the 'pop effect' of a bit more flake.

That being said, If they offered the non-flake Dove Grey (or whatever they call the ST200 color over there), or Battleship Grey (or whatever the name of that RS flat grey is) colors here, I would have considered them over the Magnetic.

'Played out' or 'overdone' as it may be, I would have taken the RS's Nitrous Blue in a heartbeat, had it ever been offered to us on the FiST. [wink] [thumb]

ronmcdon

It's just that the blue colors have enough 'tone' and 'flash' to them already, and don't really need any more IMHO, whereas the gray colors are kind of drab, and could actually use the 'pop effect' of a bit more flake.

That being said, If they offered the non-flake Dove Grey (or whatever they call the ST200 color over there), or Battleship Grey (or whatever the name of that RS flat grey is) colors here, I would have considered them over the Magnetic.

'Played out' or 'overdone' as it may be, I would have taken the RS's Nitrous Blue in a heartbeat, had it ever been offered to us on the FiST. [wink] [thumb]
I think the ST200 colour is Storm Grey. Tempted to get a paintjob but that's a huge waste of money.

https://www.caranddriver.com/reviews/a15100457/2017-ford-fiesta-st200-first-drive-review/

DoomsdayMelody

The cool thing about Molten Orange is that it can look very red in certain light, and then appear more orange in different light conditions.
There’s a target near my apartment that uses these weird lights in the parking lot. If I park there at night my car looks brown.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I wish there had been more cool colors for the FiST, especially in later years. I have a '19 and am glad I do, but the color choices were underwhelming. I have the White Platinum and while it does look nice, it is still white. I had a Nitrous Blue FoRS before I upgraded to the FiST and while it was a little to "Skittles" color for me, it was a very nice and unique color.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
I bought Orange Spice because I felt it was the best looking color in 2017-2019. I first started looking in late 2016 and saw the Kona blue and did not like the lean towards a dark purple it did in the sunlight. I was gonna get a Magnetic but then the Orange Spice hit and when I saw it in the Sunlight I was like damn gotta get that.

I too would have most likely bought a Performance Blue had it still been available. I also could not figure out why Ford put the Lightening Blue on the base models but refused it on the ST. I actually think their color choices for ST’s were not all the best color choices in later years .

Jabbit

2000 Post Club
I want a Bohai Bay Mint Fiesta ST. I'm probably in the minority but I love weird colors. I occasionally look for that color in a manual hatchback 1.0 EcoBoost but it's a rare combo.

Ford Community Posts