Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car jerking and surging then stalls?

Hi all big problem really... changed hpfp changed pump inside tank changed rail sensor and changed fuel pump driver moduel ... and dropped tank out and inspected and it's all clean and had a new fuel line put on aswell ... and their is an error code for an 02 sensor stored all the time but once the car stalls error codes come back for fuel pressure regulator performance but once wiped the only code is an 02 sensor code will this fix the problem as iv changed everything else apart from that . the car wasent giving this code till I had the ECU put back to standerd ?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Which O2 sensor? upstream or down stream? The upstream is a wideband and is very critical in adjusting the vehicles fuel....The rear O2 isn't nearly as critical as the Upstream. Did you get the code pulled at least?

OP
J
Thread Starter #3
I'm not sure which one it was giving error codes for fuel presure regulator perfomance and the pressure in rail was to low this was when I had the car mapped so they changed all the pumps etc and car still done the same thing so had the map taken off and now its showing a error code of p2626 and the garage said my 02 sensor is dead so I'm just hoping this will finally fix my car 🤮..... thankyou for replying

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is very interesting.....Read this as I think your on the right track....

P2626 Ford Description
A resistor is installed in the Universal Heated Oxygen Sensor (HO2S) connector for part to part variance. The Powertrain Control Module (PCM) determines the value of this resistor by taking multiple measurements of the resistor during each ignition ON event. The PCM uses this value in order to compensate for the variance in the pumping current signal. The test fails if the PCM determines the resistance value is too high.

OP
J
Thread Starter #6
Thankyou just spoke to the garage and theyv said he checked the sensor again and still saying its faulty he said the sensor hasent came in yet so il let you no the outcome thankyou for your time much appreciated 🤞👍

OP
J
Thread Starter #7
The garage has fitted the new 02 sensor and he has now said its came up with an error code for a low fuel pressure sensor ? ???

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As I said in your other thread your problem is more then likely in the EVAP system or fuel/vaper return line.

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Low fuel pressure would be measured by the sensor on the fuel rail.
You said before that you changed that.
Also the rail sensor does not control the fuel pressure, it only reports it.
What code are you getting now?

OP
J
Thread Starter #12
I dont have a clue what going on tbh I rang the garage and said its had a new rail sensor and they said it's not that one it's a sensor by the fuel line or something ?

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
As per the service manual, there are two fuel pressure sensors, the fuel rail sensor and the fuel line sensor.
Even so the sensor does NOT control the pressure, it only tells you what the pressure is.
You said that fuel pressure was tested before and that it was 6?
This tells me that the sensor is not the problem and is reading low fuel pressure correctly.
Fuel pressure should be with Engine running 75.4 psi ( 520 kPa).

Low pressure can be caused by:
No gas in tank
Debris in tank blocking the inlet
Bad pump/filter
Failed Fuel Pump Driver Module
Damaged fuel line
Damaged fuel return/vapor line
Stuck valve in the EVAP system.

I say to check the return vapor line and EVAP because if these are bad, the pump sucks a vaccume on the tank and no fuel will
flow.

You said the fuel pump driver module was changed, also make sure it is plugged in correctly.

I forgot, there is one other thing and that is OIL Pressure.
If oil pressure is low or a failed oil pressure switch, it can tell the PCM to restrict fuel by slowing down or shutting off the fuel pump.

OP
J
Thread Starter #14
The garage has rang and said it's the flp sensor that's on the fuel line or near the fuel line or something but I didnt think these cars had them ?