Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car Roast

A client I was driving asked what I drive personally; told him a Fiesta ST; asked him if he knew what that was.
He paused, looked at me seriously and said "Ya, that bump we drove over back there, was one."

Usually I tell them: Fiesta ST; ya, it's Ford's smallest car here, but the "Racecar" version.

I used to get crap from a former coworker, but he wasn't really an enthusiast. He had to ask me where to put the power steering fluid on his Jeep, that is after he asked me what was making the funny noise when he turned the wheel.... However, others have just written off as a silly small hatch but I've only ever had two reactions when giving those people a ride. "Holy s***!" And "what the hell did you do to this thing?!" Haha

A non-car guy that I know bought a shiny red Honda Fit. He saw my recently obtained race red Fist and assumed we had nearly identical cars. And as others have said here the only cure is to take him for a ride in my little red hatchback.

meFiSTo

At my only track day last year, I was approached by the uncle of one my fellow drivers.

He had this comment: "Your car was SO much faster in that session than it was before. How was that?" He had mistaken my car for an instructor's silver Prius driven in the session preceding mine.

I had to laugh.

True stealth.

In the nearly two years that I've owned the car, it has accumulated only 2400 miles. It'll get more miles this year driving to a few events and doing track days. i rarely actually encounter other people on the street when I am in/with this car. One guy did call out to me from his balcony in downtown Redmond and asked me if it was a Subaru when I was stopped there to go for a run.

And it's all good to me.

I prefer stealthy cars, despite my prior track car's over-the-top mods. My daily driver is an Audi A4 wagon with a high-output, small-bore V8 engine, renamed an S4. It is very stealthy as well. I seriously (though briefly) contemplated putting down a deposit for a Focus RS, but really my old wagon and my Fiesta do everything I need. The wagon does have 54,000 on it, but no matter what it'll cost me less to keep that running than to jump to the new monster. And the little FiST is plenty of fun for this old fart at the track.

A client I was driving asked what I drive personally; told him a Fiesta ST; asked him if he knew what that was.
He paused, looked at me seriously and said "Ya, that bump we drove over back there, was one."

Usually I tell them: Fiesta ST; ya, it's Ford's smallest car here, but the "Racecar" version.
That is funny, most people I work with know my car as the reason why the landlord put speed bumps in the parking garage.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The stealthier and less known the better for those that like to have a little fun on the road. I can hardly wait to get mine back together and have some of that but mostly getting it back on track and kicking some serious butt or just shocking those that have to work to get around me, that is the most fun)

Can't tell you how many times I've had this conversation...

"Oh hey how's your bad ass 580rwhp Z06??"

"I sold it"

"Oh really? What did you get now? Something bad ass I bet"

"A fiesta"

"What?"

...etc

My friends like the fact that I like my car. And they know what an ST is. They drive great cars too, some drive high end, some drive regular cars.