Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car runs better after ecu reset?

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
So I'm getting tuned through stratifieds and I don't really understand why my cars doing this but, car runs alright (currently on a base tune) when I first tuned it or when I reset the ecu and codes but after 50-100 miles it runs really bad, very rough idle, dying far more often then it does now (cams aren't tuned perfectly yet) and just in general throttle response goes out the window. Why would my ecu learning negatively effect this? Mind you I know very little of tuning you may need to translate for me.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Octane Adjustment Ratio could affect this (OAR). If you see this value going positive (really anything greater than >-1.00) it could be an indication of bad fuel or an issue elsewhere. I would also look at the STFT and LTFT. You may have a boost leak or vacuum leak somewhere. The base tune could also just be running way too much fuel and causing your spark plugs to foul? But that would not go away after resetting the ECU.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Alright, I'll start with having those parameters set on my accessport and monitoring them after resetting the ecu to see what it does.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #4
Alright so first drive home. Ltft went to between -13.28 to -10.78 under cruise. -7.84 to -8.94 under wat. Oct adj is -1. Boost pressure max at wot was 22.29 which seems to be okay, it's hot out and within the tuning parameters. 40 degrees and under I see up to 29

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
So I was basically trying to ask, what does this mean lol. Too rich or too lean?

JDG

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Alright so first drive home. Ltft went to between -13.28 to -10.78 under cruise. -7.84 to -8.94 under wat. Oct adj is -1. Boost pressure max at wot was 22.29 which seems to be okay, it's hot out and within the tuning parameters. 40 degrees and under I see up to 29

You should send your tuner your logs for WOT. And post them up here too so we can comment in the meantime. The base tune is setup up to be super rich. You are running aux fuel right? It would also be cool to see a log when the ecu is freshly reset and another after driving a few hundred miles and you are noticing the poor driving characteristics.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #8
I'm running aux fuel but base tune said to disable it for now. I didn't take logs, i just made observations while I was driving. I'll see what I can do to get some uploaded though.

OP
R

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #9
Sorry for any confusion, I meant base tune as in the first tune in the lineup of revisions.