Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Car went into limp mode on the highway

Spork1569

Was just driving on my way to the bank when the dreaded pop and limp mode happened to me. I pulled over and checked my charge pipes and both the hot and cold cider still attached I double clamp them to be safe the rest seem to be secure the only one I can't check is the turbo one. Is this most likely to be my problem? I can still press on the gas I just can't build boost it loses steam beyond half a pound of boost I'm going to have to live home and check it out tomorrow morning before work and hope it's an easy fix

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
No check engine lights? I blew a couple of charge hoses and ended up using Hairspray and double clamping them all and haven't blew a hose yet. When it happened did you give it gas and then started to get into boost and then ....like it fell on its face.

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #3
No check engine lights? I blew a couple of charge hoses and ended up using Hairspray and double clamping them all and haven't blew a hose yet. When it happened did you give it gas and then started to get into boost and then ....like it fell on its face.
No CEL and everything seems normal fluid wise rn when I checked. Ya sounds about right I was giving it fill gas on the on ramp, pop went the weasel and them no mas boost.

I can also hear the turbo spooling a lot more right now so I'm trying to keep it on vacuum omw home about 15 minutes away. At least I have chik fil a to comfort me RN lol 😭

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #5
Are you still on Stock charge hoses also? ill put money on it its a boost leak....
Nah the saddest part is I have whoosh silicone hoses and double clamped most important hoses(IC charge pipes). I even recently checked em about a week ago so I'm betting on a faulty clamp as I did replace one that was causing a small leak. The turbo outlet clamp was loose and I gained about 1psi a max boost after doing that.

Guess I get to use some unexpected *sick* time before work tommorow to sort it out but I'm hoping nothing is at risk by driving like this.

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #10
Well apparently your turbo has to be connected to make power. I hadn't heard of anyone having issues with the turbo boost hose popping off so it was the one I left single clamped, guess it was the path of least resistance because of that.

Had to take a double clamp off the J pipe because I have no idea where the original one ended up, probably on the highway somewhere.

Will probably buy some backups and try to double up this weekend on the entire hotside, idk if two clamps will fit next to the turbo outlet though so maybe the hairspray method will be sufficient.

Moral of the story is clamps every once in a while lol. I had just tightened everything last weekend but maybe I overlooked how tight the turbo outlet hose should've been. That or the clamp I put on was bad and didn't hold. Either way I'm happy to be making that sweet 26 PSI yet again.

Attachments