Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Changing AccessPort Map Slots - Custom Tune

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
So... My tuner wants me to change map slots to allow for the tuning of 94 octane fuel.

I would do so but apparently I can't change the map slots and the car immediately reverts back to slot 1 when done manually. The cruise control buttons don't work at all as they won't even display the current map slot. Has anyone run in to this before? With my previous tuner it was not a problem as I could change the mapping right after fueling up.

Last edited:
So... My tuner wants me to change map slots to allow for the tuning of 94 octane fuel.

I would do so but apparently I can't change the map slots and the car immediately reverts back to slot 1 when done manually. The cruise control buttons don't work at all as they won't even display the current map slot. Has anyone run in to this before? With my previous tuner it was not a problem as I could change the mapping right after fueling up.
Go to tune>adjustments>change map slot

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #3
Go to tune>adjustments>change map slot
Thats the ‘manual change’ I referenced. Basically trying to force it to change. It just says ‘the entered value was changed by the ecu. This may be due to a calibration or safety setting’ and I can’t change it.

The cruise button doesn’t even budge to show me a map slot when I hold it.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #5
Oh boy...unhook the battery maybe
I’ve removed the tune, reloaded it straight from the email I received and same result. Im going to swap the tune entirely back to my Stratified tune as I could easily change slots on it. I’ll report back.

OP
shouldbeasy

shouldbeasy

1000 Post Club
Thread Starter #7
aaaaaand it works with the Stratified tune.

Do I call out the tuner now? He's already grouchy so perhaps I shouldn't. It seems I ask too many questions regarding what's going on with ma car.

Well I guess there is one to cross off the list!! Stratified takes MONTHS to tune a car!! I didn't want that headache a second time (nor would they have me, probably).
I know I remember you bellyaching about how slow they were