Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Changing my shifter to a short throw shifter.

SteveS

1000 Post Club
The transmission on the ST-Line is a 5 speed, so it's not the same as the one in the ST. Therefore, it's unlikely that short throw kits for the ST will fit the ST-Line, and I doubt that a kit has been made for the ST-Line (or SE, which has the same transmission if equipped with a manual).

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
The transmission on the ST-Line is a 5 speed, so it's not the same as the one in the ST. Therefore, it's unlikely that short throw kits for the ST will fit the ST-Line, and I doubt that a kit has been made for the ST-Line (or SE, which has the same transmission if equipped with a manual).
I think that Ford Racing used to make (not sure it's still available) a short throw shift lever assembly for the IB5s, like the interior console boomba one for our IB6es.

I've never seen a top of transaxle 'plate' type short shirt lever for the 5 speeds, but maybe they existed. [dunno]

Dpro

6000 Post Club
It bothers me that you didn't capitalize "Line" or "Guy" in your name. Also no hyphen?

Sad.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: you are easily bothered.” Whats a matter grammar got you down”? “Conjunction Junction whats your function”:ROFLMAO:
j/k man could not resist.

Last edited: