Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Changing the Clutch.

witch1975

My husband and myself changed my clutch in my car 2014 Ford Fiesta st, couldn’t find one aftermarket had to do the dealer. We got it all taken out and started putting it all back together with the new parts. I get in the car to pump the clutch and it goes straight to the floor. We bled it and I pumped it still to the floor bled it and tried to pump it was hard. next thing you hear is a pop and all the fluids start coming out. What did we do wrong?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
My husband and myself changed my clutch in my car 2014 Ford Fiesta st, couldn’t find one aftermarket had to do the dealer. We got it all taken out and started putting it all back together with the new parts. I get in the car to pump the clutch and it goes straight to the floor. We bled it and I pumped it still to the floor bled it and tried to pump it was hard. next thing you hear is a pop and all the fluids start coming out. What did we do wrong?
Did you put the clutch plate in correctly? There is quite the thread on this already.

Read this thoroughly......

https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/to...&share_fid=74193&share_type=t&link_source=app

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Like others have referenced, you probably installed the clutch disc backwards and popped the slave cylinder.

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Nope...still waiting on the Trans.

Ah lame...

Well heres a tip for when you do bleed it. Get an empty water bottle and a length of hose that fits over the nipple on the bleeder for the slave. fill the bottle about halfway with what ever fluid you are going to use and put the hose in it so that it touches the bottom of the bottle. Pump the clutch by hand leaving the bleeder open, do this until you do not see bubbles anymore. Also make sure to not let your upper reservoir run dry. Helps to have a friend help with this too.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ah lame...

Well heres a tip for when you do bleed it. Get an empty water bottle and a length of hose that fits over the nipple on the bleeder for the slave. fill the bottle about halfway with what ever fluid you are going to use and put the hose in it so that it touches the bottom of the bottle. Pump the clutch by hand leaving the bleeder open, do this until you do not see bubbles anymore. Also make sure to not let your upper reservoir run dry. Helps to have a friend help with this too.
But* got me one of dem there fancy vacuum bleeders with a Reservoir extension to be able to fill the upper with 2x more fluid. I'll let you know how it goes!

MagnetiseST

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
But* got me one of dem there fancy vacuum bleeders with a Reservoir extension to be able to fill the upper with 2x more fluid. I'll let you know how it goes!

Sometimes the vacuum bleeders cant finish the job, they're good at getting it going, and then you've just gotta finish it yourself lol.

We had that issue on a Fiesta and a Focus.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Ah lame...

Did this and it worked perfect as it was too cold to run the compressor. Worked out awesome...took no time at all...think I will bleed it one more time just to do it! Thanks for the Help you were pivotal in my completion with advice!