Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

check engine light!

got about 18k check engine light just came on and i noticed mpg went from 32 to 31.9. ive also noticed car idle justa little funny after i get off the highway when i come to a stop. new here anyone has any ideas?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
got about 18k check engine light just came on and i noticed mpg went from 32 to 31.9. ive also noticed car idle justa little funny after i get off the highway when i come to a stop. new here anyone has any ideas?
Did you pull the codes? If not get the ECU read and report back with the codes and we can attempt to figure it out!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

FJ16

Get the codes read; can't tell what it is without them. Most auto-parts store can hook up a reader and point you in the right direction.

OP
M
Thread Starter #6
I don't understand the internet. It's a brand new car, take it to the dealer kids

And lastly are you effin kidding? 32 to 31.9.......

Shoot me now
first off not a kid, secondly got a oil catch can that's working like a charm so voided the warranty. WHATEVER! there goes that. the mpg drop and idle issue happened in the matter of 1 day on my way to work. third, if ya got nothing for me, i recommend keeping your opinion to yourself if you dont understand the internet, thats why im here. thanks!

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
first off not a kid, secondly got a oil catch can that's working like a charm so voided the warranty. WHATEVER! there goes that. the mpg drop and idle issue happened in the matter of 1 day on my way to work. third, if ya got nothing for me, i recommend keeping your opinion to yourself if you dont understand the internet, thats why im here. thanks!
An OCC cannot void your warranty, may cause heartburn with State of Cali......sounds like you have a vacuum leak from OCC install. As to your gas mileage that could be temp, humidity or driving. Get the code read then do some research on the forum to get over your mistaken fear of a "voided" Warranty. Only Ford can "void" your warranty....not the dealer and Ford needs a damn good provable reason per Fed law! An OCC is not one of them. Ford will sell you one and install it. Which OCC did you install?

OP
M
Thread Starter #8
An OCC cannot void your warranty, may cause heartburn with State of Cali......sounds like you have a vacuum leak from OCC install. As to your gas mileage that could be temp, humidity or driving. Get the code read then do some research on the forum to get over your mistaken fear of a "voided" Warranty. Only Ford can "void" your warranty....not the dealer and Ford needs a damn good provable reason per Fed law! An OCC is not one of them. Ford will sell you one and install it. Which OCC did you install?
JBR

SrsBsns

You're going to need slightly thicker skin if you plan on posting things to teh internetz.

As others have said, a catch can won't void your warranty. Get the code read at an auto parts store or just take it in to the dealer.

The drop in mpg is negligible.

As for the idle issue, I'd check the hoses for the catch can to make sure everything is plugged in/sealed up tight. A small vacuum leak could cause that problem.

jmrtsus

1000 Post Club
Your choice of OCC is a problem in that you have cut hoses that make it difficult for the dealer to determine if the OCC is the issue. You basically bought a generic OCC rather than one designed for the Fiesta ST. You should have purchased a plug and play OCC that does not cut hoses (Damond for one). Then trouble shooting would be as simple as unplugging the OCC and plugging the connectors into the original locations. Water under the bridge now. So if it is the OCC the dealer will charge you to either repair it or return your car to stock but Ford Motor Company will not pay for it if the OCC caused the problem. Get the codes read........Auto Zone....free! See what the problem is first. Then the Forum can help you....all guess work until we know a code.

OP
M
Thread Starter #14
Your choice of OCC is a problem in that you have cut hoses that make it difficult for the dealer to determine if the OCC is the issue. You basically bought a generic OCC rather than one designed for the Fiesta ST. You should have purchased a plug and play OCC that does not cut hoses (Damond for one). Then trouble shooting would be as simple as unplugging the OCC and plugging the connectors into the original locations. Water under the bridge now. So if it is the OCC the dealer will charge you to either repair it or return your car to stock but Ford Motor Company will not pay for it if the OCC caused the problem. Get the codes read........Auto Zone....free! See what the problem is first. Then the Forum can help you....all guess work until we know a code.
P0507 gave me a couple:
-intake leak
-Faulty or clogged iac valve
-Cabon build up on the throttle body
-Faulty power steering pressure
-Alternator that has failed

im going with caorbon build up on my throttle body maybe or clogged iac valve??

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
I'm going with an Intake leak due to the OCC...possibly being installed improperly/ not connected correctly. Go over the entire install again and make sure if you have any check valves that needed to be installed that they are going the right direction.

OP
M
Thread Starter #17
Did you pull the codes? If not get the ECU read and report back with the codes and we can attempt to figure it out!

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk
code P0507 i wanna say maybe my throttle body needs a clean up. alot of this work i can do myself in a couple of hours. just hate to take it in to the dealer and leave it there for 5000 years.. ever experienced the same throttle body problem?

OP
M
Thread Starter #19
I'm going with an Intake leak due to the OCC...possibly being installed improperly/ not connected correctly. Go over the entire install again and make sure if you have any check valves that needed to be installed that they are going the right direction.
just double checked arrow is facing the right direction as it should be and
I highly doubt its that.....I think its a vacuum leak....with the intake and OCC.
I highly doubt its that.....I think its a vacuum leak....with the intake and OCC.
il deff check it out. even with stock intake?

OP
M
Thread Starter #20
Get the codes read; can't tell what it is without them. Most auto-parts store can hook up a reader and point you in the right direction.
P0507 intake air leak or carbon build up on my throttle body? i also have that OCC but everything seems to be correct on that. tighten up the hoses as well