Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Check your pipes!

DAW

So I uploaded my dizzy tune this morning, and on my way to work this tune is definitely better then the Cobb ots. Anyway I’m getting on the highway and not flooring it but having a good time and junk when poof! Lost all the boost, I knew right away I blew a hard pipe, but couldn’t look at it until after work. Anyway, here’s what I found.

Attachments

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
So I uploaded my dizzy tune this morning, and on my way to work this tune is definitely better then the Cobb ots. Anyway I’m getting on the highway and not flooring it but having a good time and junk when poof! Lost all the boost, I knew right away I blew a hard pipe, but couldn’t look at it until after work. Anyway, here’s what I found.
Double clamp them or use Hair spray as an adhesive to hold the two together along with the clamps.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

OP
DAW

DAW

Thread Starter #3
Double clamp them or use Hair spray as an adhesive to hold the two together along with the clamps.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk
I’m gunna have to do something because I know it will pop agian, the mishimoto pipes and hoses are so freaken tight! But the t-clamps they provide just barely are too small for the turbo outlet. I had to re use the factory Ones which aren’t cutting it. Got I wait for the weekend to mess with it.

OP
DAW

DAW

Thread Starter #5
Atleast you didn't lose an entire j pipe on the highway going about 90.... Need less to say I didn't exactly turn around to go get it.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk
Haha oh man, that’s just awful!

Rocketst

1000 Post Club
But back to the original post, double hose clamps will absolutely work for up to 35 psi, hair spray is another thing that absolutely works. But if your paranoid like I am, you can get some of the constant tension clamps to but they are very very expensive. Luckily I got a set when I upgrade my hot and cold side to cpe. I wouldn't buy them outright but since they came with it I'm glad I got them.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
I was crazy enough to buy all of the needed size Turbosmart constant tension clamps when I bought the Mountune charge hoses/j pipe (separately, from Summit Racing with discount codes/rewards/etc., Mountune does not offer them as an option with their charge hoses/pipe).

I did not want to mess around, yes, even at factory boost levels/volumes, given how so many have had everything loosen up on them. [wink]

OP
DAW

DAW

Thread Starter #9
Thanks for the information guys!