Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Choke on my fiesta st mk7

Shaecb

So was just wondering if anyone else had this problem on a cold start the choke stays on for a long time till it’s half warm then goes? Is this normal as my friends cars don’t do this?

So was just wondering if anyone else had this problem on a cold start the choke stays on for a long time till it’s half warm then goes? Is this normal as my friends cars don’t do this?
Mine does the cold start for about 10 to 15 seconds and then just drops to an idle.. done the exact same thing for the whole 112000km since brand new..

Take note that when these cars factory temperature guages reache 4 bars, the engine has only just reached 50° C, they say these engines are ready at 80° but I wait till mines above 90° and a bit longer so the transmission is warmed up before I start pushing it.

I use an OBD2 Bluetooth dongle and torque pro android app to watch the temperature.

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

Is your thermostat / temp sensor work8ng correctly?
Around 90000km I actually had to replace my thermostat.. the rubber seal was mostly gone and broken away, leaving little holes around the valve which was letting coolant flow through even while the thermostat was closed..

Sent from my M2103K19G using Tapatalk

D1JL

7000 Post Club
Staff Member
Premium Account
U.S. Navy Veteran
Maybe you should get a code reader and check for pending codes.
To my knowledge they stopped using chokes in the 1990's.

Also, as suggested above an improper working thermostat (stuck open) could cause this.

OP
S

Shaecb

Thread Starter #7
What rpm does ur idle at before going to a normal rpm? And how long for?

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Mine seems to stay in higher idle revs (approximately 1000 RPM) cold open loop idle (what you are referring to as 'choke' mode?) until the coolant temps hit 122*F, and it goes into closed loop running, and then it drops down to it's regular, ~750 or so revs.