Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Choosing.

Hello !! :) i am trying in all forums find some information, but a lot of it is kinda sleeping.. so i am trying here. I am choosing between simple 2019 end - 2020 fiesta and 2018-2019 st one. I want to use it to travel over europe and like so on.. so i want to know + and - of it.. it is realy expensive? What or when first problem coming on :))

xxiaze

I have a 2014 ST and don’t have any notable issues. The minor things in call for repair have been cheap and pretty standard across the platform (blend door actuator and fuel pressure regulator). It’s a blast to drive and would certainly buy it all over again. I bought mine used, I would not have invested in it new. I’m not the type for depreciation. It might be kinda small for travels unless you intend traveling by yourself MAYBE +1 person if they’re okay with close quarters. I have ST2 fabric seats, which personally I find more comfortable for daily use. The Recaro bucket seats are rather tight. It gets good gas mileage economy but not fantastic if you’re ripping in around. Insurance is low. Overhead is low. Cost is low. It’s a win! Fun and reasonably priced all around. Can also be built into quite the quick little demon if you intend to modify it.

OP
R
Thread Starter #4
I have a 2014 ST and don’t have any notable issues. The minor things in call for repair have been cheap and pretty standard across the platform (blend door actuator and fuel pressure regulator). It’s a blast to drive and would certainly buy it all over again. I bought mine used, I would not have invested in it new. I’m not the type for depreciation. It might be kinda small for travels unless you intend traveling by yourself MAYBE +1 person if they’re okay with close quarters. I have ST2 fabric seats, which personally I find more comfortable for daily use. The Recaro bucket seats are rather tight. It gets good gas mileage economy but not fantastic if you’re ripping in around. Insurance is low. Overhead is low. Cost is low. It’s a win! Fun and reasonably priced all around. Can also be built into quite the quick little demon if you intend to modify it.

OP
R
Thread Starter #5
Ou thanks. For travels i mean for two people without kinda luggage.. small one like going 400-600 kn and stay there couple days and again and again for like 10 days trip :)) for me it is interesting how repairment cost for st and for simple one.. its like inside same parts? How engine and clutch :) cuz i want to but it for like minim 4-5 years so u never know what u get, but atleast i want to have some expectation :))

xxiaze

Small luggage will happily fit into the trunk, and you will have room no problems for a quick bag in the back seat. The standard fiesta and the ST interior are almost the same depending on what version or trim level you get. There really isn’t much variation though between them all. As for the clutch, it is very user friendly and simple to operate. Had a nice release height and feels not very cheap and not high release like some of the other affordable vehicles. It will certainly last you 4-5years without any issues. Just do your proper routine maintenance and it will take you WELL into 100k mi on the odometer. I wouldn’t bother with the base model, I would surely suggest spending the more money and buying the fun ST one. If you get a basic fiesta then you are in a different market... in that market you have other cars to look at also. If you want a non turbo version then maybe look at a Honda instead or Toyota etc. The fiesta ST has all those basic needs and is also VERY fun to carve corners on your drives and have a nice time and smile 😊

flbchbm

1000 Post Club
Welcome to the machine.

Get the ST. Even with stock tuning, you get great economy. I was getting 33mpg on highway on the one trip I took. Now that I have it tuned? I'm unsure of the highway only, but with my lead foot, I get 23-24mpg around town.

The ride can be a little harsh, so be aware. Many go 'minus one' on wheel size to soften it up. I am doing that now too.

Attachments

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Welcome. I would say, get the MK8 ya you could pick a 7.5 but the MK8 ST is a great car. It has the nicer interior and is a little roomier better i.e. ever more comfortable Recaro‘s. Would make a great fun car to tool about in.
I own a MK7.5 ST which was sold in 2018 over here. Where you are a 2018 while be the MK8 ST.
They are very reliable cars IMO I drive mine all over when I am not going to the Canyons . I bought it as a daily driver but realized its more than that.
All I can say is buy the ST do not buy anything less!

OP
R
Thread Starter #10
Can someone tell the difference between 100 hp and 125hp st line? Well if it is with more hp it is chiped or what? And it last long? Or u get issues soon when u ride like 30k km/ year :)

If you're referring to the difference in HP between the ST and the ST-Line, they are completely different engines. The ST-Line is a base Fiesta with cosmetics to make it look like an ST, so it makes the same 120HP as the standard Fiesta. The ST uses a turbo-charged ecoboost model that makes 197HP on boost.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
If you're referring to the difference in HP between the ST and the ST-Line, they are completely different engines. The ST-Line is a base Fiesta with cosmetics to make it look like an ST, so it makes the same 120HP as the standard Fiesta. The ST uses a turbo-charged ecoboost model that makes 197HP on boost.
I believe the ST Line in Europe comes with a 1 liter ecoboost vs the 1.6 ecoboost MK.7.5 and the 1.5 3 cylinder Ecoboost in the MK8.

OP
R
Thread Starter #13
Och :)) its make sense now.. i thought that 100 hp also with turbo. And now its just looking like st but not turbo like car :) ye 1 l is 100/125 hp and 1.6 197 hp.