Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Chrome grill paint? MK8 Fiesta Zetec

Hello all,
I was wondering whether it is possible to paint the grill of my 2017 MK8 Fiesta as it is chrome and I don't think it looks too good.
This is what it looks like (3 door + same colour as mine):

Can I or should I paint this grill to black? Do you guys think it would look good and would you recommend this?
Thanks!

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
OP
ethan
Thread Starter #7
Yes, because I personally do not like the base 'bar' type grilles. [thumb]

There are some older, early naturally aspirated 1.6 liter R2 Fiestas running in our rally series here which still have the base grilles, and I wish that they would get something like that link just to look better. [wink]
Yes exactly! I have no idea why Ford has put such ugly looking grills on my car need t osort their head out.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yes exactly! I have no idea why Ford has put such ugly looking grills on my car need t osort their head out.
I have an idea why! Its a bottom of the barrel economy car...Why would they waste money on that? It would eat into their SUV and Pickem up truck profits! or you could get fancy and do what steve said..plastidip it and get wild with the colors scheme!

Last edited:

SteveS

1000 Post Club
If you look at the history of the Fiesta in the US, the regular models got chrome grills when all the other Fords like Fusion, Focus had them. It was a full-line "family" look.