Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cleaning the Engine Bay

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Done about 3 times this summer. Once after winter was done with a vacuum and brush twice after with autoglym engine cleaner from Canadian Tire and a paint brush to loosen dirt followed by a gentle rinse.

I've sprayed it down once. I don't open the hood much so I don't really pay attention to it.

Something I've done in the past is to use foaming tire spray on the rubber/plastic parts. I haven't had a need to clean this one yet, but I don't see why this wouldn't still apply.

Here's what and how I did my engine bay. A big piece of advice from a long time detailed----get yourself a brush. The difference this will make in terms of effectiveness and time savings is colossal.

Also, einszett products for plastic and rubber and the best I've used.

This is how I got the car from the dealer( I specified no wash)

After-

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use simple green and then blast all the dirt and grease off with the hose. Then I follow up with back to black or VRT protectant from Adam's polishes

OP
KentRatke
Thread Starter #9
Does that work really well? I kinda want to buy one.

Question: When using a hose in the engine bay are there any parts that need to be covered with a plastic bag? In a 2016 model

CanadianGuy

4000 Post Club
Question: When using a hose in the engine bay are there any parts that need to be covered with a plastic bag? In a 2016 model
Make sure engine is cold. Technically every part of the engine should be able to get wet as it rain and splashing. Avoid direct pressure the area of the fuses or oil cap. Best is to get an engine degreaser, using a hand spray pump to apply everywhere then use a paint brush to move loosen dirt. After use the water to rinse off the mixture. Then let it air dry before using. I use a pressure washer but stand 8 feet away to allow a gentle mist spray to cover the hole engine.

Last edited:
Nice job cleaning your engine bay Striker.

I do the same thing CanadianGuy does. I then use a soft tooth brush and a wheel brush to get into tighter areas. After cleaning I use Mequires Satin to wipe everything down. I usually clean my engine bay every time I change the oil or at a minimum spring and fall.

303 Aerospace Protectant and a rag. Works wonders for anything I've cleaned in the engine bay. I try to keep it clean most of the time, esp with the hood liner removed and the engine under-cover sound deadening gone.