Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Closed:Slightly used OEM brakes for sale

Trader history for Spork1569 (6)

Spork1569

Hi all,
Rotors needed to be done and I ordered an entire kit, didn't realize the pads still had so much life in them. Pics attached are all 8 pads, front and rear. It looks like one of the rear is cracked, shown in close up. Quarter included for scale on life left.

4/26/2019 Edit: per everyone's advice decided to toss them instead, apologies as since I had them on the car since buying it I thought they were still usable. Forgot about this thread until now so sorry for late update as well.

Last edited:

how many miles and why did you think your rotors were toast?

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #3
how many miles and why did you think your rotors were toast?
I think the dealer cheaper out and replaced the pads but not rotors as they were grooved to shit. Bought the car used with 27000

I replaced them after having put about 3000 miles or less so I'm assuming they we're pretty much new by the time I changed them. I took the opportunity to lessen my brake dust headache and changed both pads and rotors at the same time.

Gotcha, im at 27k and my pads still look new but my rotors are fine. Just waiting to wear em the rest of the way out so i can have an excuse to get low dust pads and slotted rotors

OP
Spork1569

Spork1569

Thread Starter #5
Gotcha, im at 27k and my pads still look new but my rotors are fine. Just waiting to wear em the rest of the way out so i can have an excuse to get low dust pads and slotted rotors
From what I heard most ceramic and low dust pads don't have the same bite as stock but I don't really mind, braking feels a lot more linear now instead of a ton of braking force all at once on the stock pads.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Throw those things in the trash...They are junk...they were improperly bedded and now are cracked on the one. Next thing you don't want is to put those piles of wonder on anyone's FiST and have it break apart and smoke a caliper.

Last edited:

Ford ST

2000 Post Club
Throw those things in the trash...They are junk...they were improperly bedded and now are cracked on the one. Next thing you don't want is to put those piles of wonder on anyone's FiST and have it break apart and smoke a caliper.
I fully agree. The pads brand new are only $51.

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk