Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch/brake fluid flush cost

How much would it run me to get the clutch/brake fluid changed at the dealership? (under the impression it uses the same fluid from the same reservoir) Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
aruth55
Thread Starter #3
Depends on the dealer* But id say between $150-200 with fluid
I’m at about 60k miles and 2 years since the car was new and never changed it, probably about time would you say? Color looks amber

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
The fluid needs to be checked of its moisture content .They usually do this with a test strip and compare it to the chart on the bottle. Not a bad idea...I did mine with its last brake job.

CarGuy

1000 Post Club
It should be changed out every 2 years. I believe it cost me about $150 at my local Ford dealer to flush it for me.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

OP
aruth55
Thread Starter #6
Thank you guys it is appreciated, just noticed I have to wait a second to go into gear sometimes or don’t fully get a crisp shift like the clutch ain’t fully completing the job if you get what I mean, changed trans fluid out myself and it helped the issue immensely but still happens on the occasion so figuring maybe the fluid is starting to lose its effectiveness with age since that’s never been changed the trans has literally 20k on it, clutch has 10k and doesn’t get beat.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
One of my better (NOT Fred Beans!!) local dealers quoted me ~$120.00 to do the full brake/clutch system flush and refill.

OP
aruth55
Thread Starter #8
One of my better (NOT Fred Beans!!) local dealers quoted me ~$120.00 to do the full brake/clutch system flush and refill.
That would be great I will have to call around we have plenty around me!

Sorry for the thread resurrect but my local dealer just told me

$195 for brake flush
$450 (!!!!!) for clutch on top

Are these guys crazy? What price should I be looking for at a 3rd party mechanic to do both brake+clutch?

OP
aruth55
Thread Starter #11
Sorry for the thread resurrect but my local dealer just told me

$195 for brake flush
$450 (!!!!!) for clutch on top

Are these guys crazy? What price should I be looking for at a 3rd party mechanic to do both brake+clutch?
Assuming you have a fiesta ST, brake and clutch fluid share the same reservoir so they’re trying to hose you in general charging you for any “clutch fluid flush only” flush, $195 is reasonable, but just have him do the “brake fluid only” flush and he really will be flushing the fluid for both.

OP
aruth55
Thread Starter #12
Oh yeah, and I did end up getting mine flushed as well as changing my trans fluid and my trans and clutch feel great now and have for awhile, sorry for never updating.

Assuming you have a fiesta ST, brake and clutch fluid share the same reservoir so they’re trying to hose you in general charging you for any “clutch fluid flush only” flush, $195 is reasonable, but just have him do the “brake fluid only” flush and he really will be flushing the fluid for both.

Problem being I need them to bleed the clutch as well don't I? I explained that and he wasn't budging.

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
Problem being I need them to bleed the clutch as well don't I? I explained that and he wasn't budging.
Probably not. Have them bleed the brakes. If the clutch still works normally, you're good.
If the clutch acts funny, then bleed it, too. At another shop.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Actually, the clutch fluid does not have an 'easy' job either, albeit not as tough (i.e.; hot/boiling) as right at the caliper pistons/housings.

But if you slip the clutch at all, do any drag race type launches, or sit in any amount of stop and go traffic jams, the fluid in the slave cylinder can be easily 'cooked', causing air bubbles, and the dreaded pedal stuck to the floor.

BTW; As I stated above, a local decent dealer (NOT the one I bought the car from in Doylestown!) has quoted me ~$120.00 for a full brake AND clutch flush.

Last edited:
Actually, the clutch fluid does not have an 'easy' job either, albeit not as tough (i.e.; hot/boiling) as right at the caliper pistons/housings.

But if you slip the clutch at all, do any drag race type launches, or sit in any amount of stop and go traffic jams, the fluid in the slave cylinder can be easily 'cooked', causing air bubbles, and the dreaded pedal stuck to the floor.

BTW; As I stated above, a local decent dealer (NOT the one I bough the car from in Doylestown!) has quoted me ~$120.00 for a full brake AND clutch flush.
Just took a two-hour trip, hot... humid... got stuck in traffic... clutch pedal stuck to floor. I was 1.2 miles from Autozone. I popped it back up with foot pulling hard from the bottom and it popped up. I added some Type 4 just in case (although it wasn't looking too low), but got a couple ounces in. The shit that is in there looked like... shit.

I need a flush. Really, that was some nasty lookin' stuff compared to what I poured in.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran

BTW; As I stated above, a local decent dealer (NOT the one I bought the car from in Doylestown!) has quoted me ~$120.00 for a full brake AND clutch flush.
Mind letting me know which one? I normally deal with Fred Beans but I dont really want them touching this car. Even if I cant get THAT pricing I would like to go to a place I can trust.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Thank you guys it is appreciated, just noticed I have to wait a second to go into gear sometimes or don’t fully get a crisp shift like the clutch ain’t fully completing the job if you get what I mean, changed trans fluid out myself and it helped the issue immensely but still happens on the occasion so figuring maybe the fluid is starting to lose its effectiveness with age since that’s never been changed the trans has literally 20k on it, clutch has 10k and doesn’t get beat.

After I bled my clutch fluid, my clutch definitely feels better and it seems to go into gear easier