Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch feels different after lowering springs installed

So about 3 weeks ago I installed whiteline lowering springs on my '17.

A few days later I noticed my shifts weren't feeling quite the same.

Engagement feels much further out from full clutch pedal depress than before. (I hope that makes sense!)

Could this related to my suspension change?

nope, definitely not related to your lowering springs.

Your clutch slave cylinder may be failing or your fluids may be leaking somewhere. I am not 100% sure if FiST brake and clutch share the same fluid but I am pretty sure they do.
That or something with your clutch is failing.

OP
X
Thread Starter #3
nope, definitely not related to your lowering springs.

Your clutch slave cylinder may be failing or your fluids may be leaking somewhere. I am not 100% sure if FiST brake and clutch share the same fluid but I am pretty sure they do.
That or something with your clutch is failing.
๐Ÿ˜–
How do I check if that's the problem?

๐Ÿ˜–
How do I check if that's the problem?
Visually inspect for leaks around slave cylinder and and other brake/clutch fluid connections.

There is a small possibility it could be something mechanical in your clutch or throw-out bearing but you would likely hear and feel that on the clutch pedal. Any weird noises with the clutch pressed in and out, all the way?

OP
X
Thread Starter #5
Visually inspect for leaks around slave cylinder and and other brake/clutch fluid connections.

There is a small possibility it could be something mechanical in your clutch or throw-out bearing but you would likely hear and feel that on the clutch pedal. Any weird noises with the clutch pressed in and out, all the way?
I'll take a look later tonight, how noticable of a leak am I looking for?

No weird noises or change in clutch pedal action, just engagement.