Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch Master Cylinder

So my clutch pedal would stick to the floor every once in a while. no leaking fluid just it sticking. Ordered the new master cylinder, get everything apart to find they sent me the non ST one. So that I could get to work today I started putting it back together and wouldnt you know we lose the pressure side line metal clip and THEN broke the return line clip so none of the hydraulic hoses will stay. Hoping to get all this from Ford Parts today. says they have them but what a hastle and panic mode. Found a dealership open and of course they didnt have the parts needed but insisted they were on a 6 week back order. Really praying that isnt the case!

Need,
Correct Clutch Master Cylinder
Return Hydraulic line
Push Hydraulic line

Magnetic

Following...

My clutch pedal started doing the same a few months ago. It finally gave up and I barely made it home from San Diego. Let me know if the master cylinder fixes the issue. I've heard it's the slave at fault with this problem but would be happy if it's not since I'm not ready for the trans to be dropped. Luckily I work from home.

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
This is a known issue around these parts. Do a quick search for more info but it's usually the slave, not the master, that causes this. I had my clutch and slave replaced to solve it. Kept the original 73k miles master in place. 2k miles later and the issue still hasn't returned.

OP
wcnST
Thread Starter #4
Well the slave and the master have similar or the same symptoms. it is so intermittent right now I wish I had never messed with it. If this fix isnt it and it is the slave I wont be doing that myself, no way. I will have them do it when I drop it off for its new sync system.

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
Well the slave and the master have similar or the same symptoms. it is so intermittent right now I wish I had never messed with it. If this fix isnt it and it is the slave I wont be doing that myself, no way. I will have them do it when I drop it off for its new sync system.
Same here, as mine is soooo intermittent, and usually only happens in hot weather, that I want to try flushing out the whole system with new higher quality than (the 6.5 year old/43K mile) factory fluid first.

But, am having an impossible time trying to find a dealer (OR private shop) around here willing to, and capable of doing this, given that most have never even sold, let alone worked on one of these cars at all, and their 'techs' most likely were never trained to work on these very low volume/'un-popular' cars.

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY for me to even attempt to do the fluid flush myself, where I currently reside. [:(]

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Same here, as mine is soooo intermittent, and usually only happens in hot weather, that I want to try flushing out the whole system with new higher quality than (the 6.5 year old/43K mile) factory fluid first.

But, am having an impossible time trying to find a dealer (OR private shop) around here willing to, and capable of doing this, given that most have never even sold, let alone worked on one of these cars at all, and their 'techs' most likely were never trained to work on these very low volume/'un-popular' cars.

There is NO POSSIBLE WAY for me to even attempt to do the fluid flush myself, where I currently reside. [:(]
I don't know how long of a drive from PA it would be but below is a link to the NJ dealer that did mine. While i planned on doing it myself and using a LWFW, the universe stepped in. Hanging out a friend's event I met one of his oldest friends who also happened to be the service advisor at a Ford dealership. He claimed it was one of the most highly rated dealers in NJ. The Googles confirmed it and I couldn't be happier with the end result. My only regret is that he planned on using my extended warranty to cover all of it. They only covered the parts. I had to pay labor which was close enough to the aftermarket parts that I should have to picked up my car and did it myself. Anywho, give them a call and ask for John. Tell him Jay via Marek sent you.

Ciocca Ford Of Flemington - Shop Our New Ford Inventory

M-Sport fan

9000 Post Club
^^^Yeah, THAT is the exact dealer which told me that they did not have 'the fitting' for the vacuum bleeder, in order to do the clutch flush and fill properly.
(I was like, WTF?!?!)

They even ruined most of my supplied can of Bosch brake fluid by opening it, and just siphoning out the main reservoir and re-filling it with that new fluid, which we ALL KNOW does not do shit, since it does not get anywhere near the slave cylinder that way. :mad:

At least they did not attempt to charge me anything for even trying to do the flush and fill, but they seemed like a MUCH more competent dealer back before the takeover, when they were still Ditschman Ford, and did my one blend door warranty for me. [:(]

OP
wcnST
Thread Starter #8
Was able to get the parts from the Ford Parts site, clutch master, return hydro line and push hydro line. All shipped next day air for $10 and all delivered on time. Pretty seemless install. Bleeding was a PITA but we got it.
I was able to put my short shifter adaptor on, now I KNOW I need bushings. Driving my buddys stage 3 Focus ST for a couple days sure solidified that. Fiesta shifter is garbage. LOL

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
^^^Yeah, THAT is the exact dealer which told me that they did not have 'the fitting' for the vacuum bleeder, in order to do the clutch flush and fill properly.
(I was like, WTF?!?!)

They even ruined most of my supplied can of Bosch brake fluid by opening it, and just siphoning out the main reservoir and re-filling it with that new fluid, which we ALL KNOW does not do shit, since it does not get anywhere near the slave cylinder that way. :mad:

At least they did not attempt to charge me anything for even trying to do the flush and fill, but they seemed like a MUCH more competent dealer back before the takeover, when they were still Ditschman Ford, and did my one blend door warranty for me. [:(]
I'm sorry to hear that. My buddy John must have really managed my situation from start to finish.

Capri to ST

1000 Post Club
I replaced just the master cylinder and after bleeding real well I have NOT had the problem return. So glad I did this first and didnt go after the slave. If I have to do the slave I will go to a much better more competitive clutch.
That's good news, thanks for following up and letting us know.

akiraproject24

1000 Post Club
U.S. Marine Veteran
So my clutch pedal would stick to the floor every once in a while. no leaking fluid just it sticking. Ordered the new master cylinder, get everything apart to find they sent me the non ST one. So that I could get to work today I started putting it back together and wouldnt you know we lose the pressure side line metal clip and THEN broke the return line clip so none of the hydraulic hoses will stay. Hoping to get all this from Ford Parts today. says they have them but what a hastle and panic mode. Found a dealership open and of course they didnt have the parts needed but insisted they were on a 6 week back order. Really praying that isnt the case!

Need,
Correct Clutch Master Cylinder
Return Hydraulic line
Push Hydraulic line
Is that a Benelli TNT 135 as your thumb? I have been binging you tube vids on those. Seriously considering one. If it is, have you done any mods other than what looks like a yoshi exhaust? I want to do exhaust/intake and ECU flash from that facebook group dude if possible. Off topic I know...

Last edited:
OP
wcnST
Thread Starter #14
Is that a Benelli TNT 135 as your thumb? I have been binging you tube vids on those. Seriously considering one. If it is, have you done any mods other than what looks like a yoshi exhaust? I want to do exhaust/intake and ECU flash from that facebook group dude if possible. Off topic I know...
Yes it is a Benelli. My second one. They are a riot. My boys race motocross so I use it for my Pit Bike. I have a ton done to it. Quick throttle, full exhaust, intake, programmed, lights and I upped the tires to Modder tires so I can on and off road.