Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch pedal issues

StWolfe

So I just recently bought a 2016 ST and on the way home from picking it up the clutch pedal started acting up. When given any pressure it snaps all the way down to the floor and you have to pull it back up and it will snap back into place at the top. The clutch does not engage but you can still force it into gear so it can’t be the actual clutch. I replaced the master cylinder connected to the clutch pedal but it didn’t do anything. Maybe I just need to bleed it better? But I can’t find a bleeder screw for the clutch. Would I have to just do all four wheels? Bought this as my daily and haven’t been able to drive it or anywhere any help is appreciated

XR650R

2000 Post Club
Premium Account
That sucks. I don't know what to do, but somebody here might. Bump.

Same story again. The slave is most likely leaking. Since it's a concentric slave it's in the bellhousing so it requires the transmission to be removed to replace it. You can try bleeding the slave to get the air out that has leaked it. As mentioned the bleeder is a little awkward to get at from the top, but much easier from below. I was able to put off a slave cylinder replacement until other work was required by bleeding it every month or so (but that will depend on the size of the leak and how much you use your clutch pedal).

OP
S

StWolfe

Thread Starter #6
Yeah I’m guessing that’s the problem. I replaced the master cylinder and I was getting a lot of pressure after bleeding it. But then not even a 10 minute drive and I had already lost it again basically. So I’m going to go with the slave. Is this a fairly simple job? Or am would I have to set aside a bunch of time and special tools to get it done

Well, for me, removing the transmission is a relatively easy job. I had it out in 3 hours and it could have been less, but the ball joints fought me.

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Well, for me, removing the transmission is a relatively easy job. I had it out in 3 hours and it could have been less, but the ball joints fought me.
3 hours? Wow, that's not bad. I just dropped my focus transmission and it took me a lot longer than that. And I was on a lift.

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Yeah I’m guessing that’s the problem. I replaced the master cylinder and I was getting a lot of pressure after bleeding it. But then not even a 10 minute drive and I had already lost it again basically. So I’m going to go with the slave. Is this a fairly simple job? Or am would I have to set aside a bunch of time and special tools to get it done
You replaced the master cyl. or the Clutch master? There is a Difference

FiestaSTdude

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
You replaced the master cyl. or the Clutch master? There is a Difference
Funny you mentioned that, I just learned that the hard way on my focus. I bought a new master cylinder, then realized that I actually needed the clutch master cylinder. 😱 Fortunately, replacing the slave cylinder in the transmission seems to have fixed it