Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Clutch Pedal Stuck on Floor

I know this has been brought up all over the place but for different reasons. Just putting my situation in here for comments/ suggestions.

I bought the car back in September and the day i bought it the clutch pedal got stuck right around the friction point 1 time. I told the dealership when we got back and they looked it over before I bought it and said it was fine and that the clutch had just been replaced probably something to do with that. Did not happen again besides a couple warm days before winter. Now that its starting to warm up into spring, it has been getting stuck in around the friction point almost every time I drive it but its been manageable (just yank the pedal back up whenever it does it). Today trying to drive to work (after driving about 50 miles this morning for an appointment) the clutch just totally stuck into the floor and couldn't be moved up with my foot. I pulled over and tried pulling it out with my hand which worked but then putting any pressure to the pedal it would fly into the ground. I could still start the car but it would not go into gear, so i gave up called a towtruck and got it towed to a repair shop and had my wife come pick me up with the other car.

I am trying to find what they will say is wrong and how much it will cost and the best I can find is probably the clutch slave cylinder. There was a guy on the .org forum that said it cost him like $1500 at firestone, but when i found the average cost to fix it, the parts and labor should come somewhere just shy of $500. anyone on here have any insight? I've watched the video how to replace it but I don't trust myself to install it without messing it up.

I had some issues with my master causing the same issue. It gave intermittent issues then finally I noticed oil under the pedal when I got some weathertechs. I'd check the floorboard good for fluid. You can pull the carpet back a bit a tell. After the dealer replaced the master there was a leak at the firewall. So I ended up fixing that myself and bleeding the clutch. How is the brake fluid level?

Thankfully it has been working perfectly since then and I was worried my slave would be done for. Just my master for me.

Last edited:

ronmcdon

With labor cost, I think it depends if the transmission has to be dropped.

Not too long ago had to replace my leaking throw out bearing and I think labor was well over a grand. Installed a couple other parts at the same time so not sure how many hours labor and cost for the job alone.

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #4
The shop i had it towed to yesterday said he doesnt touch transmission work on the fiesta STs, but did tell me it was the slave cylinder was leaking and the trans will probably have to be dropped. So i called my dealership and explained it and explained that they told me the clutch was replaced before i bought it. Got it towed over there today and the service tech told me he sees the work stuff in the system for when they did that so it should get fixed for free. Time will tell, hopefully have an answer tomorrow.

Lets hope so. That would be awesome. Mine was always an issue when I purchased my car as well. I think people dont want to put the time and money into them. So they trade them in for something else.

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #6
I love the car too much to get rid of it.. Yes it has been to the dealership more times in the past 6 months than any car ive ever owned, but i know once its fixed it should be good to go for a long time. Plus it puts a smile on my face anytime i hear turbo sounds, or get pops/ bangs or get thrown back in the seat when the boost hits. I'll update with whatever the dealership tells me. hopefully it wont be in the shop for a week like last time

i just went through the same thing with mine. same exact issue. they did the slave. wasnt the slave. then they did the master. wasnt the master. wound up being the hose on the slave which was damaged causing it to lose pressure and fluid to very slowly disappear at a rate that wouldnt be noticeable. hope this helps. Feel free to pm me ive had literally 10k of warranty work done to mine lol.

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #8
i just went through the same thing with mine. same exact issue. they did the slave. wasnt the slave. then they did the master. wasnt the master. wound up being the hose on the slave which was damaged causing it to lose pressure and fluid to very slowly disappear at a rate that wouldnt be noticeable. hope this helps. Feel free to pm me ive had literally 10k of warranty work done to mine lol.
Definitely calling to tell them that. I’m supposed to get the car back today or tomorrow, but I’ll ask them to check that hose. Seems like I may have a similar problem with the timeframe of failure. I’ve had ~2k of warranty work and some I’ve got them to just cover since the car has such low miles lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If it has low miles, is it still under the powertrain warranty? Mine was fixed for free at a dealer--replaced the slave cylinder and the throwout bearing. No issues since. Good luck man. Once you get it sorted, it's worth it. It's the only issue I've had with mine.

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #10
Just called and told them, they are gonna check that when they pull the transmission. I’m pretty lucky to have a good service rep that actually cares.

I’ve had a lot of issues with my car, and it’s almost out of power train warranty (September this year). It’s had the HPFP, fuel pressure sensor, the PVC fuel line stuff and then something else with the evap system all replaced since I bought it last September.

ronmcdon

LSD is a really nice mod. Love my wavetrack.

If you're already dropping the tranny, I think a huge part of the labor is already addressed. when I installed my lsd earlier this year at FW WERK in CA, with the 1200 for labor, I think 900-1000 was for dropping the tranny alone. so for 200 more plus maybe 200 more for additional parts, its the most strategic time to do this mod.

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #14
well if i would have pre planned this happening i would have ordered an LSD but seeing as its my daily driver i was way more worried about getting the thing fixed. plus by the time someone said you should have installed an LSD at the same time the car was already taken apart at the dealership (theyre also fixing it 100% free to me under warranty)

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #16
Hi Blk16 FiST, did the dealership figure out what was wrong? Same situation as yours essentially. Started 2 or 3 days ago.
It was the slave cylinder and I told them to check the hoses related to it like someone else on here said. They also are replacing the clutch while it’s out so I don’t have to pay for labor on that later.. how many miles are on your car? If your under I think 60k and 5 years you should be covered

Unfortunately not, I JUST bought this vehicle at 72kmiles plus literally this past Friday from a toyota/subaru dealership. Thus awesome Fiesta was owned by one of their techs and the sales man kept telling me he was selling the car bc he wanted only an A to B car.

Buuuut I did the stage 1 tune yesterday before going 2 work and it was impressive, can't wait for the stage 2 results. Then the way home this morning, fuggen stuck about 6 times in the city, twice where I was confused as to what even happened. I previously could still shift in gear when the pedal got stuck but these times, I couldn't.

OP
Blk16 FiST
Thread Starter #19
Buuuut I did the stage 1 tune yesterday before going 2 work and it was impressive, can't wait for the stage 2 results. Then the way home this morning, fuggen stuck about 6 times in the city, twice where I was confused as to what even happened. I previously could still shift in gear when the pedal got stuck but these times, I couldn't.
Yeah it’s super frustrating and it’s more than likely the slave cylinder and the tube with it as someone previously said. If you have plans to do LSD, do that at the same time the transmission is out and clutch if it’s worn down..

Yeah it’s super frustrating and it’s more than likely the slave cylinder and the tube with it as someone previously said. If you have plans to do LSD, do that at the same time the transmission is out and clutch if it’s worn down..

Will do, thanks for the help. I will update the community on what happens.