Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Accessport OTS tune clarification

If anyone can shed light on this for me. Currently running stage 1 tune on the car and i have seen multiple people say that the OTS tune is trash and will send a rod sky high. This is something im trying to avoid lol my question is has anyone really ever had a problem before? Was it because of the driving style?

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
If anyone can shed light on this for me. Currently running stage 1 tune on the car and i have seen multiple people say that the OTS tune is trash and will send a rod sky high. This is something im trying to avoid lol my question is has anyone really ever had a problem before? Was it because of the driving style?
What are your mods?

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

TyphoonFiST

9000 Post Club
Premium Account
Alot of the OTS tunes are made for a stock FIST. IF you don't want their tune...Id suggest Jason @ Dizzytuning or Stratified tuning.

I'm really curious where people are seeing this. As I and many others have said on this forum and elsewhere: Cobb's OTS tunes are not aggressive enough to blow engines on their own. Treat your car right (ie, don't bounce off the rev limiter on cold oil) and you can run just as long on a stage 1 tune as you would on no tune.

Alot of the OTS tunes are made for a stock FIST. IF you don't want their tune...Id suggest Jason @ Dizzytuning or Stratified tuning.

Most "stage 1" tunes are meant for a car with no mods. Cobb's stage 1 is meant for no mods.

Dpro

6000 Post Club
Where the hell are you seeing this , hmmm let me guess FACEBOOK! lol Sorry man but ya a lot of BS gets spread hard on the Facebook groups. Not to say there are some knowledgable people there but there is so much BS to wade through lol.
Now that the Facebook ridicule mode is off a Stage One Cobb tune is mild as mild can be . Its not much different from stock IMO .
You need to read more in the more informed places and not listen to the general comments. Read about Tunes and tuners. Most people do not even run the Cobb tunes but go straight to a Tuner for one of theirs as all of the Cobb Tunes are a bit more conservative. Cobb has a big business selling AP’s to have their tunes blow engines would be catastrophic to their business. So whoever tells their tunes let alone a Stage one will send a rod is a complete idiot.