Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

cobb ap before car

Hello everyone. My new fiesta is scheduled to arrive on Friday. I have already purchased a Cobb AP. I realize that the AP saves the stock map, probably with any learned fuel calibrations. I will probably use this saved map to re-flash if I need to take the vehicle in for warranty service. So, does it matter if I install the AP immediately? Or should I drive the car so many miles first and then flash the ECU?

CanadianST

I flashed mine the day after I bought it. I drove around with the AP hooked up but no tune the first day just to make sure everything was good to go. After that I put my 91 tune in and haven't looked back.

I might be mistaken, but I thought the COBB AP was only compatible with North American cars?

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
yeah, I was gong to be discreet about my employment, but I am a US citizen, working for the US government in England. I wanted a LHD car and was tired of maintaining the VW GTI that I had previously imported, so I decided to pick up this Fiesta. It took forever, but I am hooping to receive the car, get the light conversion, MOT, registration done, and then drive it home and flash it with the Cobb. If there is a good reason why I should wait to let the car calibrate to the factory map before flashing, I am asking now. It looks like it is not a problem, though.

rodmoe

5000 Post Club
Sweet good stuff Dave ;)
I had mine installed around 400 miles only because i wanted to see how much it helped the car perform ..

BlueBomber

1000 Post Club
there is no minimum mileage to wait.
Uninstall the AccessPORT before dealer service.
It makes a copy but all AccessPORTs come standard with a backup of the stock calibration.

Congrats on being a USDM spec Fiesta in the UK.

You wanna help me set up shipping UK spec headlights back here?