Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB High Flow Air Filter Worth It?

Debating on purchasing the COBB high flow air filter since they claim it is of a woven cotton and metal mesh, and most importantly, that it is CLEANABLE and REUSABLE, which is quite alluring. Just wondering if anyone has purchased this before or has any words of wisdom on purchasing reusable air filters!

green_henry

1000 Post Club
I like Green filters because the mesh seems more consistent than K&N's. I'm guessing (based on the blue oil) that Cobb's filters are made by AFE; I also prefer AFE to K&N for the same reason.

Don't throw away your OEM filter because you may need it while you're cleaning the reusable filter -- they can take a long time to dry.

OP
SalsaVerde
Thread Starter #8
I like Green filters because the mesh seems more consistent than K&N's. I'm guessing (based on the blue oil) that Cobb's filters are made by AFE; I also prefer AFE to K&N for the same reason.

Don't throw away your OEM filter because you may need it while you're cleaning the reusable filter -- they can take a long time to dry.
thanks for the tip on keeping the stock one, will definitely keep it around for that!

green_henry

1000 Post Club
FIST5 at checkout + the RMM and ITG filter ships FREE
pretty good deal
Hi, Ron, the ITG filter is intriguing, but the ITG website indicates that their filters need to be cleaned and re-oiled every year: https://itgairfilters.com/faq/. Their maintenance offsets the benefits for me. Am I missing something?

RubenZZZ

1000 Post Club
Green Filters makes Cobb's air filters.

Sent from my LGLS992 using Tapatalk