Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

COBB Releases New v220 OTS MAPs - Major Update

BoostBumps

4000 Post Club
Staff Member
FYI...

COBB just released a "major update" for their Fiesta ST OTS stg1, 2, and 3 maps...

MAP Notes:

https://cobb.app.box.com/fiestast-map-notes

COBB lists OTS revision "v220" as a major update in revision history section with the following details added:

Cobb v220 Major Map Updates.jpg

[HR][/HR]
Cobb also highlights in the revision history to "read these important notes!" which pulls up a "Supplementary Release Notes for ALL Ecoboost Applications" (below) to review...

supplementary notes

[HR][/HR]

As well as providing a link to "COBB Custom Features" document to review (below)

Cobb custom features

I happened to have updated my AP firmware, earlier. And, v220 Maps are on it. I generally only update it when I uninstall the AP to take it to the dealership for service.

koozy

3000 Post Club
they probably haven't updated their website with everything yet. I have the v220 maps that downloaded with the update. I rarely visit their website for maps, it's way more convenient to have updates download with the firmware updates. Going to go out load my v220 e40 map and check out my new Accessport boot up wallpaper, very cool. I got tired of seeing that same tarmac FiST, LOL.

Just hoping none of the features were changed too much. Was reading through the notes, and there was a lot of talk about OAR defaults/resets and such. Same with FFS parameters. Not sure if these have to now be manually set, or if that was just for the AccessTuner users for tweaking.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
Probably a dumb question, but these revisions don't effect anything if you have a custom e-tune, correct? Just effect the OTS maps that you upload?

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
COBB OTS MAP Revision v220 listed as a Major Update

Probably a dumb question, but these revisions don't effect anything if you have a custom e-tune, correct? Just effect the OTS maps that you upload?
What it means is your tuner has even more control over the ECU. He may or may not give you a new revision and want you to log the new parameters. However, updating your AP firmware doesn't mean your current tune will brick the car. A more direct answer is, yes they can affect custom e-tunes, starting today. No, it won't affect your tune of yesterday.

Kip2MyLou

2000 Post Club
What it means is your tuner has even more control over the ECU. He may or may not give you a new revision and want you to log the new parameters. However, updating your AP firmware doesn't mean your current tune will brick the car. A more direct answer is, yes they can affect custom e-tunes, starting today. No, it won't affect your tune of yesterday.
Oh okay, that makes sense. Guess I'll be contacting Adam shortly then.

Just flashed the new OTS 93 octane stage 1 tune. Power curve feels a little more linear, but that very well could be placebo effect. Either way I like it.

Not sure this is necessarily true. From the notes: "The new 3D Power Demand Threshold (APP) and Optimum Power Threshold (APP) tables will REQUIRE tuning changes on all previous maps if the OEM 2D tables were modified. Updates to the following 5-way tables will also REQUIRE tuning changes (in each map slot) on all previous calibrations due to datatype changes: Ignition Timing Offset (Global) 3D; TIP Desired Max. (Ceiling) 3D; WGDC Base"

Just hoping none of the features were changed too much. Was reading through the notes, and there was a lot of talk about OAR defaults/resets and such. Same with FFS parameters. Not sure if these have to now be manually set, or if that was just for the AccessTuner users for tweaking.
On the OAR thing, it says "Adjusted octane learning strategy to enhance post-installation experience." My read of that is that it will default to -1 rather than 0 when you install it so that you don't initially think there is something wrong with the map while it is taking time to work it's way down to -1. I've not checked it to confirm though. Not sure if FFS has changed, but it looks like launch control now has a separate table that would need to be independently programmed.

Hijinx

3000 Post Club
U.S. Air Force Veteran
Not sure this is necessarily true. From the notes: "The new 3D Power Demand Threshold (APP) and Optimum Power Threshold (APP) tables will REQUIRE tuning changes on all previous maps if the OEM 2D tables were modified. Updates to the following 5-way tables will also REQUIRE tuning changes (in each map slot) on all previous calibrations due to datatype changes: Ignition Timing Offset (Global) 3D; TIP Desired Max. (Ceiling) 3D; WGDC Base"

On the OAR thing, it says "Adjusted octane learning strategy to enhance post-installation experience." My read of that is that it will default to -1 rather than 0 when you install it so that you don't initially think there is something wrong with the map while it is taking time to work it's way down to -1. I've not checked it to confirm though. Not sure if FFS has changed, but it looks like launch control now has a separate table that would need to be independently programmed.
Hmmm... Well, I updated my AP and my car is not bricked. If a tuner updates their software, they will be using the 3D maps. Therefore, new tune with more tools at their disposal. The AP is a monitor, it doesn't constantly update the car.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
If I try to make a new tune, it completely trashes my old boost map. But if your not using a cobb custom wgdc based boost map, then it won't effect you.
Another words... This will effect mostly not everyone, but it will effect some of us if we update a tune. As for me... My tunes are set, so until something changes, not much need to re-do anything so I'm fine right now.

Just flashed the new OTS 93 octane stage 1 tune. Power curve feels a little more linear, but that very well could be placebo effect. Either way I like it.
I'm feeling the same about the 91 octane stage 1 tune. It feels a little stronger overall to me.

FistSt215

Damn it's been awhile since I updated my Ap manager well alone my ap. Looks I can do that since I finally have some time . Looking forward to the update!

I'm a little concerned...I updated today and on my AP Manager, it shows that in the left hand box that I have Sage 1 v.220 tunes. when I check my current tune via the AP, it shows v.201!!! I have not downloaded any new maps as Cobb's site still shows v.201 as newest option. I have not been out to my car yet to reflash it. Does this mean the v.220 maps already got loaded on the AP as default when I updated???

koozy

3000 Post Club
I'm a little concerned...I updated today and on my AP Manager, it shows that in the left hand box that I have Sage 1 v.220 tunes. when I check my current tune via the AP, it shows v.201!!! I have not downloaded any new maps as Cobb's site still shows v.201 as newest option. I have not been out to my car yet to reflash it. Does this mean the v.220 maps already got loaded on the AP as default when I updated???
Yes.

Oh yea, to continue my freak out sesh, I've noticed a lot of knock happening with the new update. One pull 2nd thru 6th I got 3 knock counts. Also noticed the timing advance is liberal and outrageous now. Obviously the torque output is now instant and my 2nd gear now lights up tires instantly which I'm assuming is a direct relation to own much timing is being added.