Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Stage 1 91 Octane Negative Ignition Correction

Just a quick question (I'm pretty new to turbos and tuning). I randomly get negative corrections while tuned Cobb Stage 1. I know that can be common with WOT in 5th or 6th gear, I don't do this as I know that is bad for the car. I am seeing anywhere from -1.50 to -2.50 on different cylinders when getting on the throttle around town. Usually 2nd or 3rd gear pulls. This is not all the time, seems to happen once a day. I want to make sure I am not causing any damage. I feel like I am noticing this more when driving hard with the AC on.

I know this is pretty useless with out data logs. They are coming.

I am blaming bad gas around here (I fill up with 92 or 93 oct). I am going with a pro tune once I can scrape some cash together. Until then I want to make sure all is okay.

Any help / ideas appreciated!

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
If you suspect bad gas, monitor Oct Adj Ratio Lrn (Octane adjust ratio learned. -1.0 is HIGH fuel quality, 1.0 is LOW fuel quality.)

OP
SeanBonham
Thread Starter #3
I've always been at -1.0... I'll post some logs tomorrow. Maybe folks can help me figure out what the deal is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LilPartyBox

1000 Post Club
Premium Account
Go back to the stock tune see if it still does it.