Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb stage 3 package exhaust/dp good for bigger turbo?

pwnall1337

Vendor
The cobb stage 3 package is very appealing, however will the 2.5 dp/exahaust turn out to be restrictive of using an ATP GTX? I've been doing some research but can't seen to find a straight forward answer. I know as the displacement in our engine is small a smaller exhaust will help keep velocity up and maintain low end torque, however I also don't want to bottleneck a larger turbo.

Sourskittle

4000 Post Club
The intake will be a restriction. The downpipe will be a restriction. The 2.5" catback will prob be fine. The intercooler would be good for a bigger turbo, although... There is a better option.

The ap3 is good for what ever.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #3
I figured that. I'm bargain shopping and Im debating if I want to do the 2j catback again, but it's not t304 and I'm not fan of rust. Mod bargains had an awesome deal for the cobb stage 3 package and I'm trying to determine the alternatives for a clean tested bolt on solution that is upgradable later.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
If you want to fab it up I have most if not all the parts to build a 2.5" exhaust, all SS, 409 and some 304 possibly, Borla muffler, etc, for cheap!

------------

Your new car looks great, especially the color:)

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #7
If you want to fab it up I have most if not all the parts to build a 2.5" exhaust, all SS, 409 and some 304 possibly, Borla muffler, etc, for cheap!

------------

Your new car looks great, especially the color:)

LOL, I didn't really have a choice. Are you taking about the magnetic mustang or the green envy FiST? All the FiST's in SATX are black or silver or a fully loaded molten orange. The green one was hard for me to get, but it's better than black or silver.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
The Mustang, I love gray and silver the best for most all cars.

----------------

For your FiST the green was very interesting to me but my wife wanted silver which I am OK since I get to mod all our vehicles as much as I can fund:)

Cool you came back to a FiST.

I had a highly modded C6 convertible I put to stock and traded on a new dually, cool car but I never drove it after all the mods, I have more fun in the FiST actually:)

me32

1000 Post Club
I like the green envy fist. No one else has it that ive seen on the road so its pretty nice to be the only one in the area.

RAAMaudio

5000 Post Club
I forgot to mention, I was going to build a 2.5" system, already had the parts, figured it would be all I needed even on a bigger turbo I was planning but I was talked into 3" by several shops with systems or working on them.

No hard data here, just what I was advised, 2.5 would of been cheaper, easier and lower weight but maybe not the right size with the EFR, which will be around the same as the GTX unless you go a bigger one yet.

If you think you may go for quite a bit of power then 3" might be the better choice now than later.

OP
pwnall1337

pwnall1337

Vendor
Thread Starter #12
I like the green envy fist. No one else has it that ive seen on the road so its pretty nice to be the only one in the area.
Yeah [MENTION=670]me32[/MENTION] I wanted red or green. I'm trying to get it on Monday right after I pickup my mustang from the body shop.