Welcome to the #1 Fiesta ST Forum and Fiesta ST community dedicated to Fiesta ST owners and enthusiasts. Register for an account, it's free and it's easy, so don't hesitate to join the Fiesta ST Forum today!

Cobb Stage One Traction Control Changes?

Im posting this because i just finished installing my cobb cold air intake and rmm. Im running cobbs stage 1 93 octane tune and im wondering if the tune changes my traction control settings at all? Ive noticed im getting leas traction not sure if thats due to the tune or just the conditions or new found power gain?

Spork1569

It's due to the power gains and the fact that most tunes remove the torque limiter in first and second gear that Ford puts in.

This means a lot more power in those gears, but a lot more wheel spin if you dump the clutch too quickly. I recommend taking a look at Cobb traction control under tune adjustments in the AP menus, I set mine on and slip multiplier to 3 and it is a much better TC system than the stock Ford one.

jeff

2000 Post Club
What a great and relevant question, as opposed to some of the other discussion happening today on this forum. Yes, you can use your access port as it was made to as our brother above described – just find your traction control setting, I suggest trying it on five out of eight and then move up or down from there based on your needs. Unfortunately unless you have a custom tune you’ll have to set it every time you drive, but that is what custom tunes are for. Try it out, see where you like it, and maybe have a custom tune with traction control set at that setting in the future.

I made a video about this, perhaps this will help!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0UzpTzeJgY

OP
D
Thread Starter #4
It's due to the power gains and the fact that most tunes remove the torque limiter in first and second gear that Ford puts in.

This means a lot more power in those gears, but a lot more wheel spin if you dump the clutch too quickly. I recommend taking a look at Cobb traction control under tune adjustments in the AP menus, I set mine on and slip multiplier to 3 and it is a much better TC system than the stock Ford one.
Hey thanks for the tip. Ill take a look at it. I appreciate it

OP
D
Thread Starter #5
What a great and relevant question, as opposed to some of the other discussion happening today on this forum. Yes, you can use your access port as it was made to as our brother above described – just find your traction control setting, I suggest trying it on five out of eight and then move up or down from there based on your needs. Unfortunately unless you have a custom tune you’ll have to set it every time you drive, but that is what custom tunes are for. Try it out, see where you like it, and maybe have a custom tune with traction control set at that setting in the future.

I made a video about this, perhaps this will help!

View: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=f0UzpTzeJgY
Hey really awesome video. That really helped me out. Im just curious as to what role my trac control button plays on my car now. Since i have my tune and can control my trac control via the AP. Does the ESC button on my car change anything when i push it?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Hey really awesome video. That really helped me out. Im just curious as to what role my trac control button plays on my car now. Since i have my tune and can control my trac control via the AP. Does the ESC button on my car change anything when i push it?
The button on your car is the factory Ford traction control. It is completely separate from the cobb traction control. The Ford traction control uses brakes to balance the car whereas the cobb traction control and any tuner based traction control cuts fuel to achieve the same goal.

The latter method is far better and to get the benefits of it you’ll need to disable the Ford TC each time you start the car otherwise they will both try to control the car. One guy made a hack that does it automatically so you don’t have to push the button every time, it’s for sale somewhere here on these threads. Im just in the habit of starting the car, putting on my seatbelt, and pushing the TC off button, I don’t even think about it any more.

Then you’re in SPORT MODE!!!

jeff

2000 Post Club
Does the sport mode change anything else besides traction? In the Focus RS it changed throttle response and other things.
I am pretty sure all it does is work with the traction but check your user manual to be sure.

OP
D
Thread Starter #10
The button on your car is the factory Ford traction control. It is completely separate from the cobb traction control. The Ford traction control uses brakes to balance the car whereas the cobb traction control and any tuner based traction control cuts fuel to achieve the same goal.

The latter method is far better and to get the benefits of it you’ll need to disable the Ford TC each time you start the car otherwise they will both try to control the car. One guy made a hack that does it automatically so you don’t have to push the button every time, it’s for sale somewhere here on these threads. Im just in the habit of starting the car, putting on my seatbelt, and pushing the TC off button, I don’t even think about it any more.

Then you’re in SPORT MODE!!!
Okay makes sense. I am goin too mess with it today. Wouldnt it make sense to completely disable your OEM trac control by holding it down for 5 seconds and then adjustimg your AP rather them only putting it in sport?

jeff

2000 Post Club
Okay makes sense. I am goin too mess with it today. Wouldnt it make sense to completely disable your OEM trac control by holding it down for 5 seconds and then adjustimg your AP rather them only putting it in sport?
I wouldn’t do that. That’s called TRACK MODE and it disables other safety related stuff you will want in operation for street driving. Again check the manual it details all of this.

Mikey456

I’m thinking of going with a Cobb OTS Stage 1 tune too. Does this tune reduce factory rev hang?